Pre-workouts usually make use of stimulants such as caffeine, to give it that extra boost that it needs to feel energized and carry out intensified workouts without feeling tired in the middle of it. However, these same stimulants can also be the reason that you may not be able to work out full of energy for a prolonged period. Caffeine constricts the flow of blood in your body, which makes it difficult to last very long while doing something that involves a lot of movement. This is why using stimulant-free pre-workouts is essential, especially if you want lasting results.
10 Best Stimulant Free Pre-Workouts
BSN Pumped Edge
This specific pre-workout uses citrulline and arginine with a 1:1 ratio. This is important because the citrulline allows the blood flow to increase to maintain an intensified workout, then the arginine causes arginase to be released, which regulates the blood flow back to normal. It helps you calm down. It is also one of the reasons that it is anti-simulant because the ingredients that are involved don’t make the person using them jittery and anxious because of the balance. It also uses 3 grams of creatine, to allow the user to bulk up and better their performance.
- The brand offers multiple flavors to keep the user interested and make them want to use the product every day. This helps them maintain regular dosages of the product and improve their performance regularly, making the supplement effective.
- Other ingredients this brand makes use of are healthy and natural, which help better the immune system, in general. This is important to avoid side effects.
- To make up for the lack of stimulants like caffeine, this product uses citrulline, arginine, etcetera; this helps boost performance and muscle endurance.
- One common shortcoming that some stim-free supplements have is that they don’t include enough dosages of performance-boosting ingredients, to compensate for caffeine. You cannot use the same amount of citrulline; you use in pre-workouts that also use caffeine because much of the kick and blood flow is increased because of the stimulants. You have to include more than usual to make up for the lack of boost.
- The customers who have used this call it a disappointing formula with very little positive aspects, making it anything but cost-effective.
This brand of supplements has 4 grams of citrulline and 1.25 grams of glycerol in one tub. The citrulline improves blood flow. It increases the vasodilation in the body, allowing a surge of healthy blood flow throughout the body, which in turn, factors into the betterment of muscle endurance.
The glycerol that is used improves hydration. During a workout, the person working out tends to lose a significant amount of moisture in their body, and glycerol helps with gaining the moisture. There is also an ingredient by the name of Rhodiola Rosea, this is a Scandinavian plant, and it is supposed to help the athlete remain focused. It is also said to keep fatigued and tiredness to a minimum.
All of these factors make the workout effective and give you results much earlier on.
- The ingredients that are used in the formula are not only effective, but they are present in a hefty amount. The generous dosages make the formula better and worth the money.
- It does not constitute any artificial colors that are usually used to make the formula look more appetizing.
- It tastes good because of the artificial sweeteners in the formula, which as aforementioned, makes the user want to use it more often.
- Even though the formula does not have artificial colors in its constituent, it does, however, make use of artificial sweeteners. These ingredients can be harmful to the body in large doses or if used regularly. In some cases, some users also allergic to the substances that are used in making them.
- The citrulline content isn’t exactly less, but it is not enough. The formula could have added more. Keeping in mind that citrulline is the ingredient that betters muscle endurance because of the vasodilation of the blood vessels. This allows the user to avoid fatigue and further intensify their workouts.
The website claims that this formula’s dosage is scientifically approved. The constituents are added according to research in a very precise manner, making it excellent for athletes who need substances like these for their profession.
The formula increases the vasodilation of the blood vessels, which in turn better the natural energy production. The ingredient also helps improve mental focus, which helps in not only intensifying workouts but also in reducing fatigue, which may help you to last for a much longer time, and you may be able to achieve your results much faster.
- This formula differs from the rest in the sense that the ingredients involved pushing your body to use the naturally formed energy better instead of using chemicals to give it a boost. This can have a lasting effect on the body because of the conditioning that is done over time.
- Because the chemicals and substances involved don’t necessarily affect the body negatively, there are little to no side effects. This is because the ingredients get your body to push itself instead of giving it fake or artificial boosts of temporary energy, which may also cause fatigue.
- However, despite all the healthy dosages and legitimate ingredients that are used in the formula, to make it taste better, the company has made significant use of artificial flavorings.
- It also uses sucralose, which is an artificial sweetener. Processed sugars are not only unhealthy, but they embed in layers inside the body in molecules of fat.
- The product is not recognized as vastly as its competitors and does not get enough credit, which is why not many people know of it or use it. The company is not profiting as much as it should.
This brand has been launched recently; it only has one product in its lineup it has received recognition worldwide, due to its simplicity and formula, the ingredient involved include 6 grams of citrulline. 2 grams of arginine nitrate, what arginine does is release arginase in the body after the workout is complete to get the body back to normal. Citrulline helps in bettering the vasodilation; this allows better blood flow in the body, which improves muscle endurance and reduces fatigue. This allows the athlete to work out for longer periods. There are also 2.5 grams of betaine anhydrous.
- The dosages of the ingredients that are involved are in a generous amount. This boosts up the body, precisely as much as it needs to be. It energizes the body immensely, allowing them to intensify their workouts.
- One of the best qualities of this brand is that it is very transparent when it comes to the ingredients that they use. This ensures the customer that any constituents that are being used in term of legitimacy.
- Customers are very satisfied when it comes to the taste of the products, making them want to use it more often and regularly.
- The overall amount of the product is not enough for the cost that it comes with. It is cost-effective, but it does not last very long, making it quite an expensive purchase, especially for regular users.
- Which leads me to my next point, the product is not budget-friendly, this means that regular people won’t want to buy it. People who don’t need it professionally will opt for something cheaper.
- Regardless of the lack of stimulants in the constituents, it does have a certain “buzz.” This may cause the user to become jittery. This means the product is not ideal for people with anxiety.
Metabolic Nutrition – PSP
This pre-workout also emphasizes being completely transparent when it comes to ingredients. The Beta-Alanine in this formula acts against the lactic acid that tends to form in the muscles when you work out. Lactic acid causes fatigue in the muscles making you tired very quickly. The L-Arginine helps in releasing arginase after workouts to regulate the blood flow and calm your body down.
The citrulline allows the blood flow to improve and because a lot smoother because it is a precursor to nitric oxide, which is supposed to improve the vasodilation.
- The transparency when it comes to the ingredients that are involved assures the user that the product is safe and legal.
- The niacin that is used in the formula is an additional ingredient that acts as a support for the citrulline and the nitric oxide by furthering the vasodilation. This allows the user’s workouts to be boosted in terms of performance. They begin to last much longer.
- The contents also include a certain amount of minerals and vitamins, which makes the formula healthy for the user in general.
- There are no known side effects or complaints from the customers.
- Additives like niacin and L-Norvaline may be good for the workout and intensity of the person, but at the same time, it has raised some suspicions in the users because not every company adds so many ingredients.
- Sucralose is an artificial sweetener and processed sugar that is not good for the user because it can cause fat build-up. Also, some people are allergic to the substances that are used in these artificial sweeteners.
- Some people, especially women, do not like the build-up of excessive superficial muscle on their bodies; this is why the product does not use creatine. For people trying to avoid it, this is ideal.
the dosages that are used in this formula are clinically approved, making them safe and proven to be effective in most cases.
Apart from that, this formula also uses nootropic-based ingredients. Nootropic based ingredients, essentially improve the cognitive functions of the brain, improving reflexes and making the athlete more alert. The ingredients allow the user to be a lot more productive mentally.
Other than that, it is the usual use of beta-alanine to improve the blood flow and vasodilation to boost muscle endurance and reduce fatigue and citrulline, which more or less does the same thing.
- The nitric oxide present in this formula is in a generous amount, which just improves the muscle endurance of the body and allows the user to remain exercising for longer periods.
- Even without the caffeine intake, the formula pumps the blood of the body and completely energizes the user and allows them to be active.
- The ingredients that are used in the formula are high quality, which makes the formula even more useful.
- The regular amount that is prescribed for regular use contains only 25 calories per serving.
- Two different flavors are available for the people who want that sort of thing or have a certain preference when it comes to flavors.
- Most users do not prefer the idea of their supplement or pre-workouts foaming up, which makes this product not preferable for them because it foams up quite a lot.
- The price isn’t too high, but it is still quite expensive for regular users who are not professionally using it.
- Both the flavors are on the tangier side and not ideal for people who are not into that sort of thing.
Havasu Nutrition – Neuro Recharged
This brand also makes use of nootropic ingredients to help improve focus and reflexes. This is because nootropic ingredients assist with cognitive functions making the person more alert and aware of their surroundings. There is Huperzine-A present in the formula; this ingredient is a cholesterol inhibitor that stops the body from retaining too much fat. There is a significant amount of niacin that is in it, which improves vasodilation and causes the blood flow to become a lot smoother.
All of these ingredients help to overall better your performance making you agile and energized.
- The extra brain-boosting ingredients present in this formula are excellent for people who need that sort of thing because it isn’t necessarily devoted to just being energizing.
- This also tastes pleasant, which makes the user want to consume it regularly instead of being forced to, which is only good for their health.
- It contains a very small amount of caffeine for an extra kick and an energy boost that is better for the body. This is because the caffeine that is used is found naturally and is not manufactured to be made a bit over the top.
- The worst thing about this is that it is not entirely stimulant free because of the use of caffeine in the product, but it isn’t entirely unhealthy, so it more or less makes up for that.
- The taste has also been complained about; not everyone is comfortable with the extra sweet taste of the formula. However, this can be solved if you add a little extra water when mixing.
- The extra sweet taste comes from additives like artificial flavors; these aren’t exactly healthy for the body and have little to no positive effects; they are only for the sake of taste.
The name of the product makes it very obvious that the ingredients that are used in this specific type of pre-workout are organic and naturally found. This makes it a viable option for people who go for vegetarian choices. It uses 125 grams of green tea and yerba mate; this provides the small amount of caffeine that a pre-workouts usually needs.
It uses natural sugars like rice syrup and coconut palm sugar instead of processed, artificial sugars to make the concoction taste pleasant and urge the user to consume it regularly.
- The nitric oxide is obtained from ingredients like beetroot, which is also very good for cleaning out the blood along with bettering the flow. It uses acai and pomegranate to improve the flow of blood further and improve muscle endurance.
- Alone with the green tea and yerba mate, this formula also uses Rhodiola Rosea to energize the body and improve its functions. These give the body the boost it needs to exercise.
- There is also the availability of natural anti-oxidants, which some from berries. Anti-oxidants are substances that fight the free-radicals inside your body and maintain a healthy immune system.
- This is considered the best stim-free pre-workout, which is organic and completely natural. This is the most effective option for people who do not consume non-vegetarian foods.
- A common complaint that has been received by the customers is that the formula does not mix well. This is usually the case when the ingredients are mostly organic.
Iron Brothers Nitric Oxide Booster
This pre-workout contains no caffeine. This is an important detail to consider because people out there may be allergic to the remnants of coffee, and this is ideal for them. Especially because caffeine is considered a vasoconstrictor, which means that it restricts the flow of blood instead of improving it, this reduces the energy of the person and, in large amounts, can be hazardous. Instead, the formula makes use of pine bark and beetroot, which are excellent for the blood and are very good vasodilators.
The Bioperine in this formula is used for the absorption of other ingredients, which makes the formula very effective, very quickly.
- The best thing about these supplements is that unlike most other pre-workouts, which tend to be in powder form, this specific one is in capsule form, which makes it very convenient for people who do not want the annoyance of making a drink. They can just consume the capsule with water and call it a day.
- Apart from that, the ingredients that are used for the sake of nitric oxide are organic and good for your health.
- As mentioned before, this formula contains no caffeine at all and is perfect for people who can’t or won’t consume caffeine. It saves them the trouble of being jittery and anxious.
- Because of the lack of caffeine, the one issue that arises is that some people say that the product is not effective enough or effective at all. This was expected because of the lack of caffeine. Some people are used to being jittery and overly energized, a feeling that comes with caffeine.
High T Black
This is also a completely caffeine-free product; people use it so they won’t be kept up all night or feel jittery during a workout.
It makes use of ingredients such as citrulline, which is a good energizer and vasodilator, which makes for good blood flow.
The arginine combination is perfect for the release of arginase, which helps to calm a person down after a workout and regulate the blood flow.
- This product also comes in capsule form, which is a convenient option for people in a hurry or people who like things done quickly and without much effort.
- The completely caffeine-free formula makes for an accurately stim-free product. This helps a person avoid anxiety or jitters that usually come with caffeine.
- There have been complaints about the product that the capsule has a strong chemical smell. This, of course, alarms people because chemical smells usually mean the product should not be consumed. This may be an issue that the company needs to deal with to avoid the reduction of sales.
Low caffeine workouts are much better for your health than those that are highly injected with stimulants. As mentioned before, caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, and after using it, the person becomes jittery. Many people use it for the sake of “buzz,” but along with that comes a caffeine addiction and complications in the flow of blood. Some people may be recovering from caffeine addiction.
These people require effective supplements, for the most part, and also do not contain caffeine.
These options can be helpful for you in deciding the kind of product that suits you best.