Are you a female and looking for a beginner workout plan at the gym? A hearty welcome to all the new joiners of the gym! Setting first foot in the gym is the toughest part for every female, but below are mentioned few tips that help you get started your workout at the gym regularly. Trust me; our workout plan will help you regain your energy and feel confident when get started with few moves that help you sweat a little! Remember, once you took membership in a recognized gym, right from the beginning day, your trainer should accompany you to help you follow the workout plan without any difficulty. Make sure you include both cardio and full-strength workout that helps you in burning your calories. Build your lean muscle by developing your cardio-respiratory system along with strength training.
The females who started the workout at the gym get to notice an improvement in their bone density, which is getting lost in a few women when they are reaching their mid-30s or 40s. Hence every woman should spend some quality time at the gym to regain their energy. Also, always try and include customary static stretches once they are involved in continuing a few workouts that benefit them to maintain their family life and business life and improve body flexibility. Ideally, in case of any confusion as to how to start your day at the gym, then let us help you!
Following is a comprehensive guide to a beginner gym workout female plan that every woman should follow to reach their fitness goal!
How to schedule a beginner gym workout plan for women?
Ladies who are new to the gym or just stepped their foot forward should continue doing at least two strength-training and three cardio workouts sessions weekly. Whether you are a housewife or working woman, you may plan your week’s schedule, as shown below, to reach your goal and get the desired results to stay fit and healthy. Just follow the sheet and type of workout you need to follow for the whole week:
- Monday: do a few cardio exercises
- Tuesday: take a few stretches to get started on your training, full-body strength.
- Wednesday: again continue your cardio exercises
- Thursday: continue training for your entire body strength
- Friday: perform regular cardio exercises
- Saturday: is a holiday give rest to your body
- Sunday: provide rest to your body
The woman who continues this gym workout plan is sure to see a difference in her fitness. When involved in any workout, it offers ample time to recover and heal your muscles between sessions. Those females, who are unable to exercise for all five days in a week, can go with three days plan that includes both strength and cardio training in every session. Accordingly, plan to do brisk walking on the other days.
Also, try to go for a ten to a fifteen-minute static stretching routine by the time you complete your five-week workouts. It will help you motivated to continue your gym workout plan without any complications.
Can you list a few cardio workouts for beginner females?
Well, cardio training at a gymnasium comes with a world of advantages to ladies. Primarily it helps to attain good health and stay fit and energetic. There is an array of different types of gym workout plans for women, so don’t waste much of your time and get started to try them out and choose the one that interests you. Though there are many tools available in the gym, here is the list of few cardio machines:
- Stair climbers
- Recumbent bikes
- Stationary bikes
- Elliptical machines
As a result of hormonal changes in the body, women often get tired quickly than men when they reach 40. They start experiencing a natural decrease in bone density. Try to contact any one of the above said cardio machines to incorporate in your gym plan and step your feet forward without any hesitation. Enjoy your few minutes of walk on the stair climbers, elliptical machines and, treadmill. They all help in bone growth.
Every cardio machine is set with a timer that helps your workout plan at low speed or intensity. At the initial stage, start with a fifteen-minute workout; gradually try to increase the duration depending on the cardiorespiratory system that best supports you to develop tolerance and attain strength. Or else you can try these two cardio workout routines designed for women:
Cardio Workout #1 for Beginners
It is advisable to start a cardio workout from lowest to moderate to intensity level. Always begin with a stationary bike before you try any cardio exercise. This thirty-minute session is a proven alternative between fast and regular-paced cycling, and once you are ready to start rehearsal on any cardio machine, alternate your pace.
- For 5 minutes, warm-up your body at a moderate pace and try to maintain low resistance.
- After 2 minutes, continue cycling at a faster pace and maintain the go.
- Now try to increase the resistance after the next two minutes and cycle even at a faster pace to challenge your stamina.
- Likewise, continue cycling and fine-tune the resistance between moderate and light if to push yourself during the intervals. After 25 minutes of workout, go back to the warming-up pace and relax for 5 minutes.
Cardio Workout #2 for Beginners
Walking at high altitudes is a fantastic workout for both body and heart as well. Try to focus on your ability as to how much distance you can walk, which is an excellent alternative to distracting you from the regular workout as time passes. Enjoy a minimum 30-minute workout once done with your walking, choosing a cardio machine by increasing the resistance.
- Always warm up your body before you hit the treadmill for about 3 minutes.
- Slowly increase your pace at the treadmill and then lower the incline to return to a regular rhythm.
- Now rest for 2 minutes and slowly increase the incline at a faster pace and continue walking till the time you are comfortable.
- When you feel a tired return to a regular pace and continue this cycle by increasing the incline and getting back to the standard rate until you reached a faster pace on your cardio machine.
- Once you are done with your workout, decrease the incline to the starting point, and rest for three minutes.
Can you suggest the best strength training workout for beginner women?
Women usually have a low level of hormones for muscle-building than men; therefore, try to do full-body strength training as it is very advantageous for them to build their lean muscle, which speeds up their body metabolism and lends them excellent support to gain a healthier body composition. A gym workout plan for the complete body also helps women to build bone density all possible with a wide range of exercises like:
- Chest press
- Shoulder press
- Back rows
- Leg press
- Leg curls
- Assisted pull-ups (machine and bands)
- Leg extensions
- Bicycle crunches
According to a survey conducted by the American Council on Exercise every gym routine for beginners, it is recommended to perform one set of 10 reps of every exercise. Take your own time as your body needs to adjust to the training. Start with lightweight use until you’re comfortable with the techniques of each one. Once you have excelled in learning the techniques, ease your task to set a challenge, build your routine, and lift the weight that you are comfortable to lift. Let’s check the two types of full-body strength training workouts.
Full-Body Beginner Strength Training Workout – PLAN 1
It is a 30-minute workout that requires each individual to perform two sets of 15 to 20 repetitions of all the exercises.
Please note that it is essential to take rest. Also, it is a good idea to perform warming up exercises for around 10 minutes. These include dynamic stretching and light cardio. Try to take rest for 30 seconds between each exercise and 60 seconds between each set. Once you are confident with your workout routine completion, ensure that you slow down to some static stretch exercises to end the session. Below is the list of few setups:
- Bicycle crunches
- Shoulder press
- Step-ups (weighted or body-weight)
- Lat pull-downs
- Dumbbell rows
- Body-weight lunges
- Squats (weighted or body-weight)
- Push-ups (regular or modified)
Full-Body Beginner Strength Training Workout #2
It is a type two full-body strength training scheduled for the beginner for around 25-minutes that includes ten exercises. Among which eight are two cardio and resistance exercises. It is one of the best ways to keep up your heart rate and allows calorie burning while you are doing the strength training. Continue the cycle of the circuit to complete one set of every exercise without taking any break. Set your workout for 45 seconds with the help of a timer with an interval of fewer than 15 seconds to shift to another set of exercises. Ensure you keep your body warm-up with walking or jogging at the same place, continuing some dynamic stretching that lasts for about before you restart your workout till the end of the session.
- Glute bridges
- Jumping jacks
- Dumbbell rows
- Wall sit
- Triceps dips
- Mountain climbers
What do you mean by Stretches? In what aspects are they useful for Women?
In this modern era, most of the working professionals are bound to sit in one place for long hours, such as working on a computer. It is tough to in one position as their hamstrings, lower back, and glutes tend to become stiff. Regular static stretching bouts offer them great flexibility, which shows a far-reaching impact on their overall body, which helps them to reduce their muscle tension, improves body posture, and reduces the risk of any injury.
The more you perform the stretches during every gym workout, your body becomes utterly flexible as your muscles are warm. Therefore, a static stretch helps the muscles to elongate. While you perform this stretch, ensure that you hold on to that position for at least 30 seconds.
List of best stretches highly effective for women?
Not every individual is similar in physique or holds the same stamina to set any challenge. To boost their body strength and increase the endurance of lean muscles along with workouts, as mentioned above, it is beneficial to perform the following stretches between each session. They are as follows:
- Cross-body shoulder stretch
- Standing hamstring stretch
- Triceps stretch
- Figure four-time
- Standing quad stretch
- Downward dog
- Bent-arm wall chest stretch
- Seated wide-legged forward fold
Are you new to working out? Our 4-week beginner workout plan for women is perfect for improving your fitness level and jump-starting your body metabolism. Lose those extra kilos; gain a lot of lean muscle mass.
List of few benefits for beginners who are willing to join the gym workout plans:
Many women, after marriage and childbirth, lose their body shape, which is a bit embarrassing for them as they cannot wear their favorite dress. When the body is not in the right tone and way, they lose confidence and start going in depression to face their men and the society in which they live. The earlier gym was noted to perform the exercise by men. Still, today due to a sedentary lifestyle and demand for maintaining proper body tone and fitness, women also had stepped their foot forward.
But few females are shy to enter into the gym as they need to wear trousers or other gym outfits to get trained under their trainers and lift the weights as part of workouts, which is not possible in regular clothing. But as nature calls with changing time, females had become more self-conscious and put their mind behind the exercises, which boost their metabolism and increases strength in their muscles and body tone. Let’s have a quick recap as what you gain by joining a gym:
- Exercising regularly at the gym, walking, or jogging at any hour of the day helps improve one’s mood and reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Try to incorporate and continue doing any workout that is crucial to support your body for a fast metabolism and, in return, helps you burn more calories per day. In the long run, these workouts also help females maintain their muscle mass and weight loss.
- Regular workout at the gym offers varied benefits that reduce pain associated with any part of your body due to various conditions. It also helps to increase pain tolerance in them.
- Very few know that any physical activity helps one build lean muscles and strong bones to stay fit and healthy. A daily workout at the gym not only increases your stamina but prevents the risk of osteoporosis, which worsens body condition in winter to carry on regular work at home.
- A workout at the gym is sure to increase one’s energy levels. It helps individuals fight with their stress and persistent fatigue. Also, get rid of the suffering and pain caused by severe illnesses.
- Those women who are busy with daily physical activity are less prone to obesity that helps them maintain their body weight as well as reduces the risk of chronic disease.
- It is advisable to get involved in a low to moderate workout that offers antioxidant protection and promotes blood flow. By sweating profusely, it also helps enhance their skin tone from delay signs of aging, such as wrinkles, dry skin, etc.
- The one who does regular workouts at the gym improves their blood flow to reach the brain and boost their health and memory. It also helps a few get rid of mental distress.
- It is up to the female whether she is comfortable with aerobic or a combination of aerobic and resistance training, as they shoot up her energy levels throughout the day and allows her to sleep better at night.
- A regular workout in the gym helps both men and women improve their sexual desire and rate of performance. It increases their vitality and helps them to attract their partner.
Exercise offers incredible benefits when involved in daily routine. It helps improve nearly every aspect of your health deep from inside to out. Once the females get started their workout at the gym, they regulate their body hormones function correctly, which also helps them feel happy and sleep better. Any workout straightaway helps to improve one’s skin tone, reduce weight, and keep it off, eliminates or lessens the risk of chronic disease, which also brings improvement in their sex life. You don’t need to be sports athletic; you can do any activity to keep yourself busy that inevitably improves your health in many ways. But if you are interested in gym workouts, then better start with fewer weights and stretch outs to reap the benefits and live a healthy lifestyle.