If you are a gym freak who loves dosing on supplements and pre-workouts, you must have a pretty good idea about caffeine-based pre-workouts, already. Most of the pre-workouts that are available in the market are enriched with caffeine. It is considered to be such an essential element of any pre-workout that it is hard to imagine a supplement of this nature without any caffeine in it. The role of caffeine in energizing and alerting your body is a proven one; almost nothing works like it. However, there are some issues with caffeine-based pre-workouts, which is why some gym geeks opt for low or no caffeine pre-workouts.
Why is caffeine not the ultimate option to choose? Well, there are plenty of reasons. Too much caffeine can interfere with your normal sleeping cycle, causing jitters and insomnia. Then the fact that caffeine is a diuretic matter a lot as well, especially in the context of hitting the gym for hours. There are some other misgivings annexed with too much caffeine, but we think we have made our point already.
Now, if one was to opt for a pre-workout that is not so rich in caffeine, will it still be as effective as a caffeine-rich pre-workout? The answer is yes, but you will need to select the right kind of product. And how do you do that? Well, by reading this discussion until the very end.
For right now, we are going to introduce you to the best caffeine-free and low caffeine pre-workouts available in the market!
1- BSN N.O.-XPLODE Pre-Workout
Before we jump into the details of this specific product, let us make something clear. All of the products that we are going to discuss here are devoid of caffeine, but they are enriched with some other pretty special ingredients. It is these ingredients that define the pros and cons of any pre-workout formula without caffeine.
So, what is special about the BSN pre-workout? Well, it is enriched with special amino acids that can boost the production of neurotransmitters in your body. These include tyrosine, taurine, and clubmoss. It is clubmoss that contains the key compound involved in the increased production of neurotransmitters in your system. It is known as huperzine. The supplement’s efficacy is sparking interest in the treatment of diseases like Alzheimer’s. For this purpose of this discussion, it is enough to mention here that it is a cholinesterase inhibitor (CI). CI’s are involved in elevated production of neurotransmitters in the brain.
Well, there is plenty more to know about this pre-workout formula. Let us discuss its pros and cons, shall we?
- No jitters-There are many pre-workout formulas out there in the market, which are enriched with caffeine. Hence, once the dose exceeds the caffeine tolerance of your body, you are bound to get jitters. However, with this pre-workout, which is without any caffeine, you will not experience this problem.
- Variety of flavors- You love it when manufacturers take care of your personal preferences, don’t you? There is a diverse range of flavors in which this pre-workout formula is available. These include cherry, limeade, raspberry lemonade, green apple, and fruit punch.
- No aftertastes- The formula mixes well with water.
- Carbonated- You need to be prepared for that extra bit of kick.
- Starting with large doses can cause stomach upsets and nausea.
Love this pre-workout? Go check it out in detail, right here.
2- High T Black Caffeine Free
This is a formula that helps to boost your testosterone levels, something that men are after all the time! There are many shady products available in the market that do more harm than good. The reason behind their inefficiency is simple. These products are not formulated in a scientifically sound manner. Hence, one is at risk of detrimental effects if one consumes pre-workouts that aren’t designed with food safety ethics in mind.
Now, coming to the specifications of High T Black Caffeine Free Booster, there is special attention paid to the ingredients used in this formula. You must be wondering, what replaces caffeine in this pre-workout formula? Well, it is Panax Ginseng. Apart from providing energy, which is its main function, this pre-workout is amazing in boosting libido production as well as revitalizing your body.
Two of the most important functions that concern you about your input in the gym are muscle strength and improved blood flow. You must know about the other ingredients used in this pre-workout formula as well. These include L-citrulline, Vaso6, and Rhodiola Rosea. All of these ingredients are involved in building strength stamina and increased muscle power.
We can see that you are eager to know more about this pre-workout formula. Let us jump to the pros and cons section.
- Capsule form- The intake is pretty simple. You do not need to concern yourself with calculations about mixing the formula with water.
- Improved Metabolism- The combination of ingredients we mentioned above serves to speed up the metabolic processes in the body.
- Guarantee- The product comes with a 100 percent money-back guarantee. You need to make your claim within the first 30 days of purchase.
- So much more about this product that we haven’t discussed, but you should read about right here!
3- PUMPSURGE Caffeine-Free Pre-workout
We must confess, we love the formulas that are available in a variety of flavors. After all, who doesn’t loves a change in flavor, now and then? This PUMPSURGE Caffeine-free pre-workout formula comes in a variety of flavors. These include blue raspberry, cherry limeade, strawberry lemonade, and watermelon. The flavors alone are quite tempting, aren’t they? But wait, we have got plenty more to discuss with you.
Now, if the pre-workout formula is devoid of any caffeine as the product label says, then what are the key ingredients of this product? Well, these include boosters that make sure you are pumped to the very last core. The idea was to formulate a product that is capable of instilling ultimate endurance and mental clarity in the user’s mind. Needless to say, the manufacturers have been successful in this particular endeavor.
How much of PUMPSURGE is ok? The directions on the label say that you need to mix one scoop of this pre-workout formula with 12-20 oz. of water. You must do this at least 40 minutes before you hit the gym. We see you are itching to know more about this product, so let us jump to the pros and section.
- Stimulants are well researched- As we mentioned this earlier, there are many pre-workout formulas available in the market that are not scientifically sound. However, you do not need to worry about that, when it comes to PUMP SURGE caffeine-free pre-workout.
- Improves blood flow- Your local and systematic blood flow must improve, for quick recovery of your tired and fatigued muscles.
- Variety of flavors- We have mentioned this already, so let us not sound redundant about that.
- The texture of this pre-workout formula is quite chalky. So, you need to be careful about that fact.
We have tried to highlight most of the features of this fantastic product in this limited time and space. But of course, there is always more to know. Find more about this excellent product, right here!
4- Organic Muscle Pre-workout
Talk about a product that is top of the charts; it is this quality product from Organic Muscle. Again, we must display our partiality towards flavors, and mention some of the flavors in which this pre-workout formula is available. Well, the flavors include lemon-berry, passion fruit guava, and strawberry mango. Is it not a unique range of flavors?
As the product name indicates, this is a pre-workout formula that is designed and formulated using organic ingredients only. What are those ingredients, you must be wondering? Well, let us discuss them now. The primary ingredient is organic ginseng. The herb’s role in instilling unparalleled endurance is an established one. Then, there is the organic beetroot. There is nothing better than the beetroot for causing vasodilation and improved muscular function. Then some herbs enriched with all sorts of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids that are quite beneficial for the human body. The list of ingredients is quite a long one, and one can obtain more information about it by reading the label.
Now, let us have a look at the pros and cons of this formula.
- Natural booster producing sources- Not many pre-workout formulas give you that advantage, do they? Beetroot and pomegranate are only some of these sources.
- Limited amount of caffeine- The amount of caffeine in this pre-workout formula is as much as there is in an average cup of coffee.
- Enriched with antioxidants
- 1- You will have to put in a lot of effort while mixing. Otherwise, clumps can form easily.
Love the quality and the benefits associated with this pre-workout formula? We have got a feeling that you do. If such is the case, why do not you give this product a closer look, right here?
5- Evlution Nutrition Pump Mode
There are plenty of reasons why we think that this pre-workout formula is unique as compared to many others in the market. For one, it boosts nitric oxide levels in your body at an unprecedented pace. For another, it uses premium quality unique ingredients that are a hallmark of this amazing product. Ah, but we haven’t mentioned its varieties yet, have we? Well, this particular formula is available in furious grape, blue Raz, and unflavored versions as well. Quite versatile, isn’t it?
We mentioned that the product has some of the unique elements, which must have intrigued you back there. Well, the nitric oxide boosting elements include NO3T BETAINE NITRATE; its efficiency is simply unparalleled. Then there is HYRDOMAX, the idea behind using HYDROMAX is to keep the muscles hydrated. This is particularly important in increasing your endurance and persistence while hitting the gym hard. Then there are antioxidants and vitamins of all sorts; their role in producing the strongest pump is also of primary value.
Enough chitter-chatter, time to have a look at the pros and cons of this pre-workout formula.
- Sugar and Caffeine Free- We will talk about this later in the discussion, but caffeine and other sugars added as additives in most of the pre-workouts found in the market add more to your weight. So, if you cut those calories by opting for a caffeine-free product, we think you will do great.
- A high percentage of glycerol
- Unflavored- Some of you might not like the unflavored version of pre-workouts, so you will have to pour in some juice, on your own, for sweetening purposes.
We think that we have told you enough about this pre-workout to catch your attention. Now that you are intrigued to satisfy your curiosity by checking out this product right here!
6- Genius Pre-workout
It so happens that the product name aptly matches the product itself. This is a genius pre-workout indeed. Available in the powder form, this is a made in USA pre-workout formula. Do you know about nootropic pre-workouts? Don’t worry if you don’t, let us briefly describe them. Nootropic substances are those substances that can improve the cognitive function of the brain. These pre-workouts are designed to establish a mind to muscle connection that is most reliable and helpful when one engages in strenuous physical exercises.
We mentioned this before, a lot of pre-workout formulas that are available in the market are loaded with sweeteners and preservatives that are quite damaging for your metabolic and nervous system. The Genius pre-workout is safe in this regard; it ditches all the additives that might cause more harm than good. Instead of junk fillers that might be damaging to your body, the pre-workout uses stevia to sweeten the formula.
Boosting nitric oxide production is one of the main ways by which this pre-workout works. What are the main ingredients, you ask? Well, there is L-citrulline, L-arginine, and EleATP, to name a few. The role of these ingredients in improved blood flow and increased endurance has been well established. Other ingredients found in this pre-workout formula include Theobromine, Alpha GPC, and BETAINE. The percentage of every element used in this pre-workout formula is set concerning the human body’s tolerance.
We see that you are itching to know more about this wonderful product, so let us jump to the pros and cons section now.
- Pumps you well- you can hit the gym real hard for an extra bit of time that you normally would have found impossible to hit.
- Almost no-calorie product- 25 calories per serving, which is hardly a burden.
- Scientifically sound formula- Unlike plenty of substandard products and supplements that flood the market, this particular formula under discussion offers a well-formulated nitric oxide booster.
- Foamy stuff to drink, important to know that, since not many are fans of such pre-workout formulas.
We love this pre-workout formula, but what about you? Did you like the specifications? If so, you would not mind reading a bit more about this product right here, will you?
7- Garden of Life Sport Organic Pre-workout
We have talked a lot about no caffeine pre-workout formulas. Now, let us talk about a low pre-workout formula. Low caffeine pre-workouts are good as well, in case you want a bit of that caffeine kick, but not too much. Take the Garden of Life Sport Organic Pre-workout, for example. This product under discussion has only about 85mg of caffeine. Hence, it does exactly what we said a few lines ago.
There are two flavors in which this particular pre-workout formula with low caffeine levels is available. These include blackberry, and blackberry cherry, both of which are very yummy. In terms of weight, it is available in 12, 15, and 8-ounce packaging. Organic is the keyword here, so let us focus on that for now. The pre-workout is designed to provide a nitric oxide boost, using only organic ingredients. These include kale, beet, and spinach. Yes, spinach. Gives you a bit of Popeye feel, doesn’t it? All these ingredients that we mentioned are enriched with nitrates, mind you.
Keeping things simple, let us jump to the pros and cons section.
- Organic- we just talked about this, so let us not discuss it again and sound redundant.
- No additives- The sweeteners that we normally use are quite damaging to our health. The organic sources of sugar used in this formula are quite good for health.
- Low caffeine.
- A lot of room for improvement is there when it comes down to the flavor of this pre-workout formula.
Now, we have tried to sum up all the essential attributes of this quality pre-workout formula, but in case we have missed something, you can double-check that right here!
8- GAT Pmp Stimulant Free Supplement
It is the eighth product in this discussion, but our list just keeps getting better, does not it? The supplement under discussion has a lot to offer to the drinker. But first, let us remind you of the flavors in which this supplement is available. Ah yes, our obsession with flavors! Well, this formula is available in berry blast, green apple, stim-free blue raspberry, stim-free orange cream, and strawberry banana. Isn’t it just simply amazing, we love the range of flavors!
Now, about the more pressing issues. This pre-workout formula is a top-of-the-shelf product that works by vascular pumping mechanisms in succession. Moreover, this formula is devoid of any stimulants or caffeine in excess quantities. The dose is an essential factor when it comes down to such supplements; the label says that for one scoop of the formula, you need about 8 oz. of cold water. Prepare the drink 30 minutes before you hit the gym.
And drum rolls, now for the pros and cons of this pre-workout formula.
- 1- Tasty- We have seen that many formulas are quite effective, but they taste so bitter that consuming them becomes almost impossible. However, thanks to the diverse range of flavors, this product is quite tasty to drink.
- 2- Pumps well- Nitric oxide boosters make sure that rapid pumping instills maximum endurance.
- 3- Absolutely no caffeine.
- Only the stim-free version of the product has zero caffeine.
Another pre-workout supplement that meets the demands of most gym geeks and freaks. We loved the specs, but what about you? In case you need further convincing, go check out this pre-workout in detail, right here!
9- Cellucor, NO3 Chrome Nitric Oxide Pre-workout
We have been saving the best for the last. Cellucor is one of the most trusted brands in the world of pre-workout formulas. Most of their pre-workouts are caffeine-based. However, this particular product under discussion is caffeine-free. This formula is available in the form of capsules, so it is quite easy to consume. One bottle comes with about 90 capsules.
The way this pre-workout formula enervates and alerts your body is quite fascinating. The idea is to increase the blood flow to muscles, the most basic way of defeating fatigue. Once your muscles recover from fatigue soon, you can hit the gym for an unbelievable length of time. The main ingredients of this pre-workout formula are arginine nitrate and nitrosamine—more about the features of this wonderful product in the pros and cons section.
- Thermogenic- Not many pre-workouts are capable of burning your fat, are they? But this particular beauty under discussion is.
- Efficient blood flow- The pre-workout increases the blood flow to tired muscles, and provides lasting pumps as well.
- No caffeine, no stimulants
- This is a high-end product, so be prepared to spend a few extra bucks!
We have highlighted the most prominent features of this pre-workout, but of course, there is always more to know. Satisfy your curiosity right here!
10- Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
Ditching the clichés, we will just say this. The last on our list is as good as the first. So many cool flavors in which this formula is available. These include Freedom pop, lemonade, purple lemonade, sour apple, and a few others. Ah, but of course, there are more important details to discuss.
The idea behind formulating this pre-workout was to come up with a product that helps the user lose weight while providing the usual benefits of a pre-workout formula. The best bit? It works efficiently without the help of any stimulants or caffeine—more about the cool features of this product in the pros and cons section.
- Tastes awesome- thanks to the wide range of flavors, of course.
- Contains BCAAS- Branched-chain amino acids
- Has no stimulants
- The presence of beta-alanine may cause a prickling sensation.
We think that the manufacturers have done a very good job while designing this formula, but what about you? In case you need more convincing, go read about this formula in detail, right here!
We are sure that at this point in the discussion, your mind will be buzzing with all sorts of questions about no caffeine pre-workouts. It is impossible to know what you are exactly thinking or what is bugging you at the moment, but you are in luck. We have compiled a list of most frequently asked questions about pre-workouts that have no caffeine added in them. So, feel free to scroll through these questions and see if you can find an answer to your queries amongst these enlisted questions.
1- What is the effect of caffeine on blood pressure?
Caffeine has been known to increase blood pressure. Hence, opting for a pre-workout that has no or low caffeine in it can be a good way of controlling your blood pressure.
2- Do the low-caffeine pre-workouts cause any jitters?
It is a well-known fact that caffeine-based pre-workouts cause jitters. However, the effect is quite the opposite when it comes to low or no caffeine-based pre-workouts.
3- How long do the caffeine-based pre-workouts keep you awake?
The exact time varies, depending on a person’s subjective caffeine tolerance. The general estimate is between 4-6 hours.
4- What is the effect of no-caffeine pre-workouts on weight?
Since you are cutting out the calories that caffeine was adding to your body, the effect on weight gain is a negative one.
5- Are no caffeine pre-workouts also diuretic?
No. Pre-workouts of this nature can help minimize urine production.
Before we go, we feel that we must give you an insight into any pre-workouts basic ingredients. The knowledge can be helpful for you if you are looking to buy the ultimate product for yourself. Well, the normal ingredients include amino acids like arginine, taurine, tyrosine, and stimulants like theobromine apart from certain other stimulants. Well, on that note, we bid you farewell and wish you the best of luck in finding the ideal pre-workout formula without any caffeine in it!