Anyone who has ever considered embarking on a weight-loss journey knows that steering away from needless calories is the key to it. Cutting back on calories is integral to weight loss plans, but starving yourself is not the way to go. This begs the question, what do you do when you’re feeling the hunger for a couple of extra calories? Low carb meal replacements shake were invented as an answer to this very question.
These shakes, as their name suggests, function as a quick and easy alternative to meals, but it is important to note that they do not offer a nutritional value that rivals that of a well-balanced meal. You basically need them if you’re following a keto diet or need something to snack on without worrying about the calories. So if you’re getting a little hungry and have already maxed out on your daily calorie limit, then these can be great to pacify the hunger pangs and leave you feeling fueled up and content.
All that said, how do you which low carb meal replacement shake is the one for you? The market is filled with a huge variety of these shakes, so it can be pretty tricky to go through all the options and make sure you take home the right one, and that is where we come in! We took it upon ourselves to make the hunt easier for you and have listed our top ten low carb meal replacement shakes.
1. Orgain Organic Plant-Based Meal Replacement Powder
We are going to start off our list with this great plant-based meal replacement, courtesy of Orgain. This meal replacement powder acquires a deliciously smooth texture on formulation and provides a great amount of nutritional value. It targets a large demographic, including working moms, athletes, busy dads, students, on-the-go professionals, fitness freaks, and anyone looking to manage and reduce weight.
It contains 20 grams of purely organic protein in each serving, coupled with 8 grams of organic fiber. This meal replacement shake is completely gluten-free, USDA organic, contains no GMO or soy, so it is a great option for vegans as well. What is more is that it is devoid of any artificial flavoring, preservatives, food coloring, or artificial sweeteners, so it has no adverse effects on health.
What gives it its nutritional value is its ingredients – it is produced through a blend of organically farmed fruits and vegetables, with a healthy amount of greens, sprouts, and food-based minerals and vitamins. If you’ve liked the sound of it, be sure to look it up here.
- Plant-based, organic meal replacement shake: Great choice for the vegan consumer
- Does not contain GMOs, soy, dairy, lactose, carrageenan: This makes it safe for people with such allergies and intolerances
- No artificial sweeteners, additives, coloring, and synthetic flavors: You can be sure that this is a natural and healthy meal replacement shake
- Servings are only 20, which might be less for some people
2. Keto Chow Keto Meal Replacement Shake
Moving on, we have this meal replacement shake by Keto Chow that fulfills one-third of daily nutrition required by a person following a low carb or keto diet, so if you do the maths right, that means three of these take care of the nutrition requirements of your whole day if you are on a keto diet.
This keto meal replacement shake can be combined with a hot or cold beverage, and even used as an ingredient in a number of keto recipes. It also offers a range of serving options. You can make a meal of it and drink it immediately, or store it up to a week without ending up with a bad tasting meal.
There are a lot of great features in this product. It gives you the liberty to customize the amount and type of fat you want to add to the mixture, letting you get the calorie count you are looking for. As for the nutrients per serving, this meal replacement packs 26 grams of proteins, 1.53 grams of non-fiber carbohydrates, 8.27 grams of total carbohydrates, 6.73 grams of acacia gum fiber that helps regulate blood sugar levels and improves gut health, 34 essential vitamins and plenty of minerals.
We know this product is an eye-catcher, so check it out for yourself here.
- Great nutritional value: It contains a lot of nutrients that are the hallmarks of a well-balanced meal
- Customizable meal replacement shake: You can select your own source of fat content to add to it, such as heavy cream, butter or avocado oil
- Fulfills body electrolyte needs for a single meal
- Can be mixed with beverages or used in a number of recipes
- Artificial sweetener: Sadly, this product does contain sucralose, which is an artificial sweetener, and this might be a deal-breaker for some people.
3. LABRADA Nutrition – Lean Body High Protein Meal Replacement Shake
The third product this list feature is a high protein meal replacement shake by Labrada Nutrition. This meal replacement shake comes in chocolate flavor and has a great taste and packs a lot of nutrition that focuses on improving muscle health and performance, making it a great choice for athletes, fitness freaks, and the gym-going folks.
In each serving of this meal replacement shake, the user gets 35 grams of leanpro – this is a unique blend of high-quality protein prepared by Labrada Nutrition and 7 grams of fiber. The consumer is also served with 24 essential vitamins and minerals that render plenty of health benefits. As for the carb content, there is a very low amount of only 5 grams of sugar in each serving to make it ideal for keto diets. That is not all; with this meal replacement shake, you will not be getting any artificial coloring, preservatives, trans fats, aspartate, or maltodextrin.
Unlike a lot of other meal replacement shakes, this one does not give a gritty or unpleasant texture in the mouth when constituted. It has a really refreshing thickness that appeals to the users and a great taste if you are particular about that.
You can find and learn more about this meal replacement shake through this link.
- Smooth and creamy texture: It won’t leave you with a weird and unpleasant feeling in the mouth
- Reasonable price: This meal replacement shake is not too hefty on the pockets and pretty cost-friendly
- Great taste: You won’t notice a bad aftertaste with this shake
- Relatively few servings: If you’re looking to buy something that lasts for a month or so, you might want to consider other alternatives
4. Keto Shake 3 in 1 Nutritional Chocolate Shake
This keto shake by Left Coast Performance is another fantastic product worthy of this list. For the people who tend to give up on meal replacement shake because of the less than likable taste, this is a savior. On formulation, it acquires a smooth and rich chocolate flavor that tastes so great you will be pleasantly surprised to know that it doesn’t include any sort of artificial sweeteners.
Now, let us talk about the features that make it so appealing as a meal replacement shake. The 3 in 1 keto shake is a blend of Erythritol, Monk Fruit, and Stevia, which function to regulate blood sugar levels and prevents blood sugar from spiking. It provides only 1 gram of net carbohydrates to get your body into that ketosis for fat burning and weight loss. Not only does it cater to your weight loss needs, but it also enhances your body health through its ingredients. 13 grams of grass-fed collagen per serving function to improve the nails, hair, skin, and joint health. The 20 grams of fat it contains allows for a feeling of fullness to curb appetite, and 14 grams of proteins elevate muscle health.
If you think this product is for you, look it up here.
- 1 gram of net carbohydrates: This is great for your body’s ketosis and subsequently weight loss
- It contains 13 grams of grass-fed collagen: Collagen is excellent for the health of nails, joints, hair and the skin
- 5 grams MCTs derived from coconut oil
- Very fulfilling, thereby curbing appetite: 20 grams that make for a feeling of fullness and help in restricting calorie intake
- Not suitable for vegans: It contains animal-based products, so not vegan-friendly
5. Vega One Organic Meal Replacement Plant Based All in One Shake
If you are looking for a more organic and natural meal replacement shake, or are vegan, then this one is definitely going to win you over. The all in one plant-based meal replacement shake by Vega is one of the most popular meal shakes out there, and rightly so. Vega is one of those companies of the B Corp movement that are committed to achieving standards of social and environmental accountability, performance, and transparency.
This product of there is in line with its promise as it is USDA certified as organic, non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Vegan, made from plant sources and completely free of gluten, dairy, soy, and any sort of artificial flavoring or additives. Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it? Its ingredients are just as fantastic as it sounds.
This chocolate-flavored protein shake gives 20 grams of plant-based proteins from multiple sources per serving, and about 2 billion probiotics, antioxidants, Omega 3 ALAs, nutrients, and fiber in each scoop. This low carb meal replacement shake harbors important minerals and vitamins, such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Calcium, and Iron, all of which are extracted from plant-based food ingredients.
You can find this nutritious meal replacement shake, right here.
- Great nutritional value: It contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics and more that improve body health and function
- Vegan-friendly and organic: This low carb meal replacement is sourced from plants, so it is a natural and healthy product
- No gluten, soy, preservatives, dairy, additives, artificial sweeteners or colors
- None to state
6. Keto Science Ketogenic Meal Shake
As the name suggests, this low carb meal replacement shake is made to compliment the ketogenic lifestyle. This product brings functional fats into play to enhance metabolism to regulate weight through the natural process of ketosis. The quantity of healthy fats per serving is 18 grams, which also leads to a feeling of fullness that prevents needless snacking and controls hunger.
Coming to its ingredients and why this is a fantastic alternative to a meal, this ketogenic meal shake has fats sourced from MCT oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, and grass-fed butter, which give it a healthy constitution and increase body energy and performance. This meal replacement shake serves only 2 grams of net carbs per serving, which makes it super keto-friendly.
Keto Science has definitely manufactured this product to appeal to the palate. It comes in chocolate flavor and has a desirable smooth and creamy texture that is liked by its consumers. This meal replacement shake also renders a lot of health benefits. It drives ketogenic weight loss by promoting fat burning throughout the day, which prevents lethargy and inactivity.
Check it out here.
- Keto and Paleo friendly: Whether you are on a keto or paleo diet, this meal replacement shake will complement your dietary requirements
- Great texture and taste
- Fats derived from plant sources: These render a lot of health benefits to the consumer
- Does not come with a scoop, so you will need a measurement scale if you are very strict about the nutrient intake
7. Garden of Life Meal Replacement Chocolate Powder
Even though we are nearing the end of our list, we still have a few amazing products left for you to go through. The seventh one on our list is this great meal replacement shake by Garden of Life. If you are on the lookout for an organic and healthy snack with low calories, then this might just sweep you off your feet.
This product is a complete meal and integrates the nutritional value of seven Garden of Life products in one. To its consumer, it serves 20 grams of clean protein in each serving, which is a healthy amount much needed for muscle growth and performance. This protein is derived from 13 raw sprouted ingredients, so it is completely natural. To enhance its nutrient profile, it contains a healthy amount of fat that is about 2 to 3 grams in quantity, coupled with a whole lot of probiotics, fiber, and enzyme. This product takes the low carb pretty seriously, which is evident from the 1 gram of sugar it harbors. Along with this, it includes over 21 vitamins and minerals that all function to improve body health and condition. If this doesn’t win you over, then you should know it also contains potent superfoods, which everyone knows have a lot of health benefits. On top of it all, it has an easy preparation method, which makes it a convenient snack and meal if you are in a rush or on the go.
This amazing product is available right here.
- Plant-based protein: The protein is derived from multiple plant sources, making it natural and organic
- Facilitates weight loss while promoting muscle build-up
- Organic, natural ingredients: This makes it perfect for vegans or anyone who is looking to avoid synthetic ingredients
- Great nutritional value: It combines the nutrient content of seven products into one
- It is non-GMO verified, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free and contains no added sugars
- None so far
8. PlantFusion Complete Meal All Plant-Based Pea Protein Powder
Up next, we have another plant-based meal replacement shake that is hard to pass. This meal replacement shake is completely organic and derived from plants to give you very natural nourishment. PlantFusion really gets how bad hunger pangs can be, so they focused on making a product that is super filling. The 20 grams of clean plant-based protein from the likes of kale and watercress are bound to help you achieve your daily dietary requirements.
Because of the high and quality protein content, this meal replacement shake is going to help you manage your weight while helping you build lean muscle and boost performance. This product is also fortified with digestive enzymes to improve its digestibility. What’s more is that it is free of all the major allergens, particularly soy, gluten, and dairy, so it is a safe choice for all the concerned individuals. In addition to this, it incorporates 21 wholefood vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients from a range of fruits and vegetables like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B12, and B6 – all of which are known to render considerable health benefits.
If you feel like this product is what you’ve been searching for, don’t waste any more time and look it up here.
- Natural and organic ingredients: Because of its plant-based ingredients, this product is a good choice for vegans
- Great mineral and vitamin content: This meal replacement shake is packed with a good variety of nutrients to elevate body functions and performance
- Good digestibility: Contains enzymes that increase the digestibility of the shake and makes it good for the gut
- Free of major allergens, soy, dairy, fish, tree nuts, eggs, artificial flavors, rice, dairy and is non-GMO
- Not very cost-friendly
9. RSP TrueFit – Protein Shake & Meal Replacement
Ninth up on our list is this fantastic meal replacement shake by RSP Nutrition. A complete meal for anyone who is on the g Premium Grass-Fed Protein. What makes this meal replacement so great is its performance benefits and its superb nutritional value.
Each bottle of the RSP TrueFit meal replacement shake includes 20 grams of great quality grass-fed protein, which has roots in the farms of Ireland. This 20 gram provides a full amino acid profile, one that is far better than most of the present plant-based shakes out there. Protein that has a grass-fed source is also higher in Omega 3 fatty acids and CLA, which further adds to its nutritional superiority. This meal replacement incorporates prebiotic fiber, which promotes digestion, curbs hunger, and helps you restrict calorie intake for weight loss. Another pleasing ingredient is the MCTs in it – these are an excellent source of energy and increases the process of ketosis in the body.
To add more to its merits, this product is sugar-free to compliment a keto diet and does not contain gluten, soy, hormones, antibiotics, lactose, any form of artificial sweeteners, or synthetic ingredients. In addition to this, it is also Non-GMO Project Verified.
You can check this product out here.
- Sugar-free: This meal replacement offers absolutely zero grams of sugar
- Contains prebiotic fiber that promotes digestion and prolongs the feeling of fullness
- Premium grass-fed protein: Both the quality and quantity of protein in each serving is sure to enhance body performance and health
10. Ketologie Collagen Keto Shake (Chocolate)
Like how all good things must come to an end, so has this list. Even though this is our last featured product, it is no less than any of the others. Who knows? This might just be the one for you!
From Ketologie, we have the keto shake that comes in a chocolate and vanilla option for you to choose from. It is super easy to prepare, which makes it a convenient substitute for a meal or snack when you are on the go and short on time. You can combine it with water, a hot beverage, or any other milk to form a flavorful drink to satisfy your hunger (and dietary needs).
This keto shake delivers 14 grams of proteins in every serving, but what makes it a great low carb choice is that it has zero sugar and offers zero grams of net carbs. Additionally, 25 grams of healthy fats allows the consumer to feel full for longer periods of time. All of these help control weight and induce weight loss – by promoting ketosis in the body and reducing hunger. In the case that you are looking for something to really supplement your keto diet and are highly calorie conscious, then this is the product for you. Find it here.
- Can be combined with hot and cold beverages to form a healthy meal
- Zero sugar and no net carbs: This functions to promote ketosis and help in weight loss
- 25 grams of healthy fat content increases the feeling of fullness and reduces needless snacking
- Low protein per serving compared to other options: If you are looking for higher protein content from your meal replacement shakes, you might need to look for something else
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can low carb meal replacement shakes help you lose weight?
The answer would be yes! These shakes are super low in calories and very fulfilling, which helps you regulate your hunger and reduce your intake of calories. So if you substitute one or two meals a day with a low carb meal replacement shake, you are bound to lose some extra weight.
2. Can you live off on meal replacement shakes?
While these can be a great alternative to a meal, they should not be depended on solely. These primarily manage appetite and reduce calorie intake, and although most provide a great nutritional value, experts do not encourage a long-term diet consisting of just protein shakes.
3. Can I drink meal replacement shakes on a keto diet?
Not all meal replacement shakes should be consumed if you’re following a keto diet. You should be careful to select those who are low on their carbohydrate content.
4. What are the benefits of a meal replacement shake?
A meal replacement shake is a healthy replacement for a snack or meal. It can provide a good balance of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, and other nutrients to alleviate hunger pangs and keep the consumer fulfilled – helping in weight management and weight loss.
Yep! This wraps up the best low carb meal replacement shakes you could find in the market. Whether you’re looking for a breakfast smoothie, a low-carb post-workout fuel, a snack replacement, or a delicious shake, you can throw in some fruits, nuts, or oats in the blender with one of these and end up with pretty fulfilling and healthy nourishment for your body.
Now that you’re probably well-versed with the pros, cons, and features of these products, we are going to leave you to make a choice for yourself. So forget munching on those calorie-packed synthetically manufactured foods and snacks, and say goodbye to the hunger pangs with one of these best low carb meal replacement shakes for weight loss!