If you’re looking to increase your daily intake of protein and get that extra amount of nutrition to boost your body health and performance, then you most definitely need to add unflavored whey and protein powders to your diet. They are a reliable way to enhance metabolism for exercise, weight loss, fitness workouts, sports, and other demanding activities.
Unflavored whey and protein powders are dominating the domains of fitness and a healthy lifestyle (and rightly so). These products have a high nutritional value and contain essential macro and micronutrients that facilitate muscle growth and repair and also regulate and build hormones and enzymes that elevate the health and performance of the body. Because of the numerous health benefits these protein powders offer, they have become very popular, so you’ll find a huge variety of these in the market – from flavored and sweetened protein powders to pure and organic ones. With such a huge diversity to choose from, it can be really hard to figure out which one suits one’s dietary requirements and lifestyle, but there are a few products that you could never go wrong with. This list is all about those amazing products!
We have listed 10 of the best-unflavored whey and protein powders on the market for you to choose from. Not only are these protein powders packed with desirable nutrients, but they are also safe and super healthy! So let’s get started.
1. NAKED WHEY, 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder
To start our list, we have one of the people’s favorite products, the Naked Whey by NAKED Nutrition. This product is the ‘one-man army’ of protein powders because it is constituted of only one ingredient!
With this product, you could go no wrong because it contains absolutely no additives, no artificial flavors, additional coloring, any form of growth hormones, soy, or gluten. So if you are concerned about the ingredients as a result of some allergy, you can take a sigh of relief because this product is made of 100% grass-fed pure non-denatured, whey protein that comes fresh from the small dairy farms in California.
Yes, you guessed it right. This protein powder is entirely organic and is GMO-free, so you’re not only making a smart choice for your body but also the planet as well! As for its nutritional value, it has a pretty great one. For each serving, you get 25 grams of good protein, only 2 grams of sugar, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 5.9 grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), and a total of 120 calories. If you’re not sure if this is a good thing, take it from us – it most definitely is!
To add more to it, as opposed to most whey protein powders you would find in the market, this one is cold processed, which greatly reduces the risk of impurities and contaminations of other chemicals, additives, and harmful compounds, making it as pure as possible for human consumption. If you like the sound of it, find this product here.
- Made of 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein: Because it is made of one component, it is completely pure
- No additives, colors, flavors, and hormones
- Gluten-free and GMO-free: Making this product organic and healthy
- Contains 5.9 grams of BCAAs per serving: These are good for muscle growth
- Does not stir easily
2. BulkSupplements.com Whey Protein Isolate Powder 90%
Next up, we have a fine product by BulkSupplements, – The Whey Protein Isolate Powder, maintained at 90% protein content. One of the great things about this product is that BulkSupplements is known for assuring the outstanding quality of its products, and this one hits the mark.
This product is manufactured and packaged in the United States at high standard facilities that are certified by the FDA, so you can be sure that its production is top-notch. What is more is that this product is made in accordance with the cGMP standards of manufacturing, packaging, labeling, and storage. To wrap it all up, the product is tested at its state of the art labs throughout the production process before it undergoes independent third-party testing for a maximal degree of safety, quality, and consistency.
Coming to the components of this product, it is a great source of BCAAs, which are recognized to enhance muscle growth and healing, consequently improving body performance. This makes this whey protein isolate powder a great buy for bodybuilders and people who want to take their exercise routine to the next level. Additionally, it has no extra, unnecessary, and unhealthy flavoring, which makes it a smart choice for the super health-conscious population, and is also soy-free, yeast, and gluten-free. Get this product right here.
- Easy to stir and formulate: The soy lecithin emulsion prevents clumping
- High-quality product: It is in-house tested before tested by an independent third party
- Contains a good level of BCAAs that improve muscle performance
- Serving size: There is no scoop, so you would need to buy a metric scale for measurements if your need is very specific
3. Isopure Zero Carb Unflavored 25g Protein Powder
One number 3, we have another great selection for you to check out! The Zero Carb Unflavored Protein Powder is a 100% pure whey protein powder that contains only two ingredients. It is a high-quality source of protein that provides 25 grams of unsweetened protein per serving that facilitates muscle growth, development, and health.
One of the most appealing things about this product is the way it can be consumed. It is super compatible with all sorts of beverages, smoothies and can even go well with soups, sauces, and baked goods! You can even add it to the food you cook, like pancakes. So if you’re one of those people that have trouble stomaching unflavored protein, but do not want the flavored kind, then this product was made for you.
Moving on to its constitution, this product has zero additives, fillers, flavor enhancers, sweeteners, or practically anything that would undermine its nutritional value. It is GMO-free, contains no gluten and lactose, so this is not going to trouble you at all if you are looking to avoid those ingredients. In addition to this, it offers 5.67 grams of BCAA’s in every serving, which boosts muscle health and performance, and also contains 2.57 grams of L-glutamine in every serving, which boosts the body’s immune system.
As its name suggests, this product is free of carbohydrates, which makes it an excellent choice for anyone observing the restrictive keto diet because it packs a good amount of minerals, vitamins, and nutrients to improve body health and performance.
If you’ve liked the sound of it, check the product out through this link.
- Zero carbohydrates: This makes it a good source of protein for people on the keto diet
- Gluten and GMO-free: It is an organic and safe choice
- It can be combined with a variety of foods and drinks: You can take it with smoothies, shakes, cold and hot beverages, or use it in cooking and baking.
- It contains a good quantity of BCAAs: This allows for good muscle health and growth.
- Needs to be mixed thoroughly: While combining it with other edible substances, it must be dissolved thoroughly for good results
4. ProMix Nutrition Grass-Fed Unflavored Whey Protein Powder
Listed at number 4, we have the grass-fed, un-denatured, unflavored whey protein by Promix Nutrition. It has a net weight of 2.27 kg and packs 76 servings. This protein powder has a number of characteristics that made us choose this.
First of all, it is constituted of grass-fed whey protein, meaning it is gives you a completely natural protein content to fuel on. Not only does this facilitate the development of lean muscles, but it also regulates your hunger and promotes fat loss in doing so. It can be taken with smoothies, shakes, added to breakfast oats, or baked items, so you won’t have to worry about that!
While this product was essentially designed for athletes, it proved to have such an amazing nutritional constitution that it became a great choice for people looking to build muscle, in sports training and those focusing on weight management and loss. With each serving, it gives 25 grams of protein, 5.9 grams of BCAAs for great muscle recovery after workouts and sports, 2 grams of carbohydrates, and not fat.
If this product appeals to you, look it up here.
- Vegan-friendly, GMO-free: Because the source of the protein is plant-based, it is a smart choice for all vegan and environment-conscious consumers
- It does not contain soy, lactose, and gluten: With these characteristics, it is a considerably safe choice of protein powder for people with related allergies and intolerance.
- It contains B12 and BCAAs: These elements function to enhance the body’s immune system and performance
- Does not stir as easily as other protein powders tend to: It has to be blended thoroughly and careful for good consistency
5. Designer Whey Protein Powder, Purely Unflavored
If you still haven’t found the protein powder you’re looking for, then this might just be the one. This unflavored whey protein powder is created with clean and natural components. It contains no GMOs, additive flavors, sweeteners, colors, hormones, or antibiotics, so it is a safe and healthy choice for the users. What gives it its premium quality is that it is processed through several stages of cold filtration, which allows the shakes and smoothies to attain great consistency in combination with it.
This product has several other great characteristics as well. On consumption, it gives the user 100% of the daily Vitamin B content. This is an important vitamin that allows for the efficient transformation of proteins to energy. This protein powder also packs a good deal of calcium, phosphorous, zinc, electrolytes, and Vitamin D, bringing high nutritional value to the table, but that is not all! It is complete with a high amount of BCAAs, L-Glutamine, Taurine, Leucine, L-phenylalanine, and natural digestive enzymes, all of which enhance body functions and performance and are much needed to ensure a great level of metabolism throughout the day.
You can find this product here.
- High nutritional value: This product contains a variety of essential amino acids, minerals, and vitamins that improve bodily functions and muscle health
- No artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, GMOs, and hormones: It contains all-natural ingredients, making it safe and good for health
- Premium quality whey: It is manufactured through several phases of cold filtration
- Comparatively low protein content: Relative to other protein powders, it has a slightly lower protein content per serving of 20 grams
6. NOW Sports Nutrition, Whey Protein Isolate, Unflavored Powder
If you’re a keto lover, this product could be the one for you. Halfway through our list at number six is the Whey Protein Isolate from NOW Sports Nutrition -a keto-friendly whey protein powder for all your protein needs. This whey protein powder does not only provide the necessary protein for your muscle development and growth. Still, it is also free of all traces of steroids, soy, GMO and contains no artificial sweeteners.
To provide its customers with the top of the line products, this company retains an NPA A-rated GMP certification, which ensures that each aspect of manufacturing and the laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency and product formulation) is properly examined. This is not all! This popular product also undergoes several stages of rigorous testing to ensure that no substances which are banned by the LGC, a globally recognized assurance program for anti-doping in sports nutrition products, is present in the final product. So if you are an athlete or professional sportsman, this would be a great addition to your dietary rack because its 25 grams of protein per serving is going to cover your protein requirements, and is going to give you the satisfaction of consuming a protein powder that is entirely legal for professional sporting and athletic activities.
So, if you’re an athlete or just someone that needs a quality product for their mass building, find this product available in a variety of sizes (1.2 lbs, 5 lbs, 10 lbs) through this link.
- Good protein content (25 g per serving) with no artificial sweeteners, GMOs, steroids and soy-free: This makes the product very natural and organic for human consumption
- NPA A-rated GMP certification: This serves to ensure the efficacy of every manufacturing and testing method employed in the production of this product
- Informed-Sport seal ensuring the legality for use by athletes for sports
- No essential minerals or vitamins present in the product serving: So you will have to be mindful of fulfilling those dietary requirements through whole foods or some other way.
7. Nutricost Whey Protein Isolate
Coming in at number seven is an affordable and cost-friendly option for your protein needs -the Nutricost Whey Protein Isolate. This product, even with its lower price, ensures that your dietary requirements are being met and does not compromise on the quality either. It weighs at 5 pounds and packs 68 servings for you to fill upon. Looking at its constitution, it provides a comparatively larger protein content to the consumer with each scoop, which is 30 grams per serving. This is because this product is purely whey isolate, containing no additives, colored compounds, and flavors. To add more to its great profile, it is devoid of any GMO, gluten and, unlike a lot of protein powders, it is also rBGH free; furthermore, it has a great amino acid constitution and a good amount of BCAAs, so you can be certain this is going to be great for your muscles
This product is manufactured at a GMP compliant facility, produced through a cross-flow microfiltration technique, and never treated with heat. With the quality and quantity of protein content it promises, it is an excellent value for your money!
This product may not be that high-end, but if you want a product that gets the job ‘just’ done and is not-so-expensive, find this product here.
- High protein content (30 g per serving): This is more than the average protein powders offer
- Contains no GMO, gluten or rBGH: This makes it a really attractive option because of the safety and health benefits
- Affordable and cheaper price
- No essential minerals or vitamins in product serving: You might need to fill those requirements through other supplements or whole foods
- Low-quality fats as compared to grass-fed whey powders
8. Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein Powder
At number 8, we have the Jarrow Formulas whey protein powder. This product provides a meager amount of 18 grams of protein per serving size, and while such a low protein content could be a cause of concern for the veteran or even new whey protein users, this protein powder makes up for it with other great features. Firstly, this product has no artificial sweeteners, additives, wheat, gluten, soybeans, egg, fish/shellfish or peanuts/tree nuts, making this the truly pure and natural whey protein source and a great choice if you have allergies and intolerances.
This product is harnessed from cows that are untreated with the rBST growth hormone, making this product a hormone-free, rich and natural source of proteins; moreover, it provides 4 grams of BCAAs per serving size. With no artificial products (flavors, additives, or colors), this product provides 8.5 grams of essential amino acids per serving and has a low fat and lactose content, making it one of the highest organic quality protein sources.
So, if you one of those organic whey protein users, this product may meet your requirements. Find this here.
- No artificial products (flavors, additives or colors)
- Free of hormones
- Low protein content (18 g per serving): You might want to look at other products if you have a higher requirement
- Absence of essential minerals or vitamins: Again, you would have to turn to supplements or appropriate whole foods to compensate for this lack
9. TGS All Natural 100% Whey Protein Powder
Well, are you still looking? The TGS whey protein powder could be a clean alternative to your organic whey protein needs. Made from just two products, grade A undenatured whey protein powder concentrate and sunflower lecithin for easy dissolvability, this whey protein has no added sugars, fillers, artificial colors, flavors, additives, sweeteners or preservatives. Being non-GMO, soy-free, gluten-free, and rBGH/rBST hormone-free, this product is the whey protein powder you need.
Made from an advanced micro-filtration technique, this product serves 25 g of un-denatured protein per scope, including 5.5 g of naturally occurring BCAA’s and a full spectrum of 9 essential amino acids, which is a sure need for your post-workout muscle recovery, lean muscle building, and general fitness. This low carb unflavored and unsweetened whey protein gives you the benefit of changing it up if you ever get bored. Want to get a flavored strawberry shake? Well, add some to your cravings. Need to add this in cookies? Well, you could do that as well. So, basically, you could add this in anything, bread, sauces, baked protein bars, etc., anything you desire. So, you don’t have to drink that same boring drink, again and again, each day.
Find this product before it runs short here.
- Good protein content (25 g per serving) and includes all nine essential amino acids: These features make it great for muscle growth and health
- No artificial products (flavors, additives or colors), GMO-free, gluten-free, rBGH/rBST hormone-free: This makes the product a very organic and safe choice
- Slightly expensive per gram of protein compared to competitors
10. ProMix Nutrition Container of Unflavored Grass-Fed Whey Protein
At the end of this list, we have another amazing product by ProMix Nutrition. A non-GMO whey protein, free of gluten, corn, soy, hormone, and antibiotic – making it a great whey protein choice for professional athletes and anyone looking to add a few pounds of lean muscle on the body.
This product made from a cold-processed microfiltration technique contains 25 grams of protein per serving with about 120 – 160 calories and 1.5 – 3 grams of fats. Along with the 5.9 grams of BCAAs, it contains bioactive ingredients such as lactoferrin, CLA’s, and L-Carnitine, which defines its excellent nutrition profile. The grass-fed source of this product leads to high-quality fat in the end product. Omega-3 fatty acids and CLA are some of the healthiest fats to go around, and you can find these in this protein powder. This whey protein powder also has enhanced cholesterol and nutrition density.
ProMix also understands that not everyone can down protein powder mixed with water, so it created this one to blend well with smoothies, shakes, and even made into protein powders. You can get this product through this link.
- Good protein content (25 grams per serving): This is enough to fulfill your protein requirements
- Good nutrient profile: It contains 5.9 grams of BCAAs and bioactive ingredients such as, lactoferrin, CLA’s and L-Carnitine which render great health benefits
- It is a non-GMO that is free of gluten, corn, soy, hormone, and antibiotics, making it a safe and healthy choice.
- High-quality fats such as Omega-3 and CLA
- None identifiable
Frequently Asked Questions
How much protein does a person require, on average?
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends a daily intake of 50 grams for individuals over four years of age, based on a 2000 calorie intake diet.
Should I be consuming protein powder?
It depends on your diet. You might not need to add protein powders to your diet in case you are getting the required protein intake from your regular diet (which is seldom the case for people who regularly work out or do sports). Even still, protein powders in the form of a protein shake, improve metabolism, and add a great nutritional value to a well-balanced diet of whole foods.
When should I ideally have a protein shake?
It is always highly recommended to consume a protein shake subsequently after an exercise or workout, so the body can acquire the appropriate nutrients to repair and recover from strenuous activity.
Will protein powders help me lose weight?
A lot of people seem to think that protein powders add muscle mass and are mostly for bulking up; however, that is not true. Protein powders are great for managing and reducing weight.
With these ten products, we conclude this fantastic listing of the best-unflavored whey and protein powders the market has to offer. By now, we are pretty confident that you are bound to find at least one protein powder that matches your needs and are moments from adding it to your shopping cart! Why should we have you from it? Hurry up and get that protein powder to elevate your lifestyle and experience the world in a better state of mind and body.