Proteins are building blocks of our body. These macronutrients contain amino acids that are essential for healthy muscle growth and development. Fitness lovers and bodybuilders use Protein capsules, bars, shakes, and powders as the most popular muscle-building supplements. Protein powders are a no-prep, easy way to get protein content for the day. It promotes the body’s muscle growth, increases peak physical growth, aids metabolism for weight loss, fights the aging process, and boosts energy.
Although protein shakes are convenient, all of these easy protein shakes are not suitable for a meal replacement. It is because they do not have all the nutrients and vitamins present in a balanced meal. With every new day, the popularity of the vegan lifestyle is increasing, and many more plant-based supplements are storming the bodybuilding supplement market. Followers of the vegan lifestyle avoid dairy-based whey protein and adopt the Protein from plants such as grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, etc.
Difference between plant-based and vegan Protein:
Plant-based and vegan are not two interchangeable terms; they are different. All vegan products are plant-based, but not all plant-based products are vegan. All plant-based protein supplements are not always vegan due to having non-vegan ingredients such as honey.
Unfortunately, people who are curious vegan or plant-based and want to create muscle can’t get enough Protein and the macronutrient fuel needed for muscle growth. It may be challenging enough for lifters to get enough nutrients, and they opt for shakes and vitamins to up their intake. Vegan and plant-based athletes can have a hard time with that, too—so it all comes down to what’s in those shaker bottles.
Vega protein powders are the best solutions for those who can go meatless. Here all the selected Protein powders help bodybuilders and vegans fuel their workouts and help them build muscles with dairy-free and meatless options. They can get all essential muscle-building components with boosted stamina to spend hours at the gym.
These Vegan Protein Supplements are best for bodybuilders when:
- They are sensitive to dairy products in general.
- They have no tolerance for lactose in particular.
- They don’t consume animal-based products.
- They want to meet their daily protein requirements.
Benefits of Vegan Protein Powders:
Vegan protein powders supply essential amino acids to the body to support protein synthesis required for muscles, growth, and repair. These proteins are equally efficient, like non-vegan protein powders to provide enough Protein that keeps full.
Most of the vegan protein powders provide 20 to 30 g of Protein per serving, and this quantity is totally on par with most. In addition to it, these vegan powders also provide some fiber to keep fuller for a longer time and boot the nutritional values.
It’s a fact that many people cannot deal with the aftertaste issues of vegan protein powders. Still, now you can get coconut, chai, and salted caramel flavors also in vegan protein powders.
Tips for buying Vegan Protein Powders:
When you start hunting for vegan Protein powders for bodybuilding, it is advised to consider these three major factors:
- Protein content: look for at least 15 to 20 g of Protein per serving.
- Types of Proteins: Most plant-based proteins don’t contain all or enough of all nine essential amino acids. It means they are “incomplete” so choose a protein powder made of multiple sources. Only “soy” is the complete option with all 9 essential amino acids. Choose combo options made of brown rice, pea protein, hemp, or pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Sweeteners: avoid using protein powders with artificial sweeteners because they have adverse effects on gut bacteria, metabolism, and appetite. Limit the added sugar content to just 5 g per serving maximum. Choose zero-calorie sweeteners like monk fruit or stevia.
Best Vegan Protein Powders:
From iced coffee to smoothies, the best vegan protein powders are so much improved and far better than ever. Here is the list of the few best vegan Protein powders which are worth your spend money. Whether you are a carnivore or dedicated vegan or vegetarian, you will drool over these are protein powder options. These products are chosen according to the following criteria’s:
- Overall Best Vegan Protein Powder
- Highest Protein Content Vegan Protein Powder
- Pure Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Best Ingredients Vegan Protein Powder
- Best Tasting Vegan Protein Powder
BEST VEGAN & PLANT-BASED PROTEIN POWDERS FOR BODYBUILDERS:
Vega Sport Protein Powder, Chocolate
In the world of bodybuilding muscle development is a must, and Protein intake is essential. To fulfill vegan lover ‘bodybuilders’ needs, a combination of natural herbal extract and fruits with close to zero carbs levels is best. “Vega Sport Protein Powder” is a blend of plant proteins obtained from:
- Organic Sunflower Seeds
These significant ingredients also include probiotics for gut assistance, tart cherry for recovery, and turmeric to fight inflammation. Its single scoop (122 g) contains 30 g of protein, 170 calories, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram sugar, and 410 mg of sodium. The best part of this healthy mix is the presence of a whopping 2.9 g of leucine, 6 g BCAAs, and 6 grams of Glutamine. This combination is ideal for accelerating muscle repair and making it a perfect deal for bodybuilders.
Effectiveness of Vega Sport Protein Powder:
- It has high protein content per serving
- It is wholly focused on muscle repair and growth
- Brings essential omega fatty acids to your body
- It makes your appetite less persistent
- This chocolate taste powder contains nearly zero carbs, and its glycemic profile doesn’t affect blood sugar
- Vega Sport Protein shows anti-aging action because of its caffeine content that is a premium antioxidant for skin cells.
- The product increases the process of metabolism, burns fat, and helps to increase calories spending.
How to consume Vega Sport Protein Powder?
122 gram of its scoop can be dissolved into water or any other healthy beverage and taken anytime before exercise.
Pros and Cons of Vega Sport Protein Powder:
- Great taste and smooth texture
- No added artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors
- Non-GO, gluten-free, no soy, and dairy-free
- Added anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Enhances muscular system recovery
- Includes probiotics and antioxidants
- Least affordable product in the market
- Needs a lot of quantity to dissolve
- According to a recent study, it may be high in heavy metals
Performance Lab SPORT Protein
This vegan-friendly chocolate-flavored Protein powder is the cleanest and most effective protein supplement that uses a patented form of an organic brown rice protein as its primary protein source. The standard serving of 30 g requires 2 scoops of Performance Lab SPORT Protein that contains 20 g of protein. With 100 calories, 1.2 g of total fat, 23 mg sodium, and zero cholesterol it is the only brown rice protein that builds muscles as effectively as whey. Leucine present in it absorbs in muscles 30% faster.
Performance Lab Sport Protein is a kind of forward-thinking protein supplement. It uses a premium source of plant proteins that increases leucine absorption to the maximum without sacrificing the other major benefits of taking vegan protein supplements.
Effectiveness of Performance Lab Sport Protein:
- It improves the athletic performance of bodybuilders for building muscles and increasing power
- Enhances strength for more extended and intensive workout and gym sessions
- Improves endurance and supports instant exercise recovery
- Functions as a complete protein supplement for curbing hunger
- Promotes natural appetite control to aid in weight management
- 100% plant-based organic protein is suitable for all lifestyles and dietary preferences
How to consume Performance Lab Sport Protein?
This easily mixing protein can be taken in 30 g or 2 scoops with 240 to 475ml of water before (2 to 3 hours) or immediately after exercise.
Pros and Cons of Performance Lab Sport Protein:
- Clean, 100% organic, vegan-friendly formula
- The chocolate flavor tastes amazing
- Non-GO, Caffeine, and Gluten-free
- Effective as whey for increasing lean muscle mass (clinically shown)
- Aids in weight loss
- Includes beneficial probiotics (active bacteria Bacillus Coagulans)
- Natural sweetened and flavored with organic vanilla, cocoa, Ceylon cinnamon, stevia, monk fruit, and yacon roots
- Little chalky texture
- Uses a single source of protein
- Less creamy and requires more liquid to dissolve properly
- Available in only one flavor (Chocolate)
LivBody Lean Vegan Protein Powder
The purest form of pea protein isolates “LivBody Lean Vegan Protein” offers a great protein to carb ratio easily digestible. It is packed with muscle-building amino acids also. This complete plant-based protein is free of artificial flavors and sweeteners and filled with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutrients. The added digestive enzymes and probiotics improve digestion and enhance gut health.
Its every serving contains 24 g of vegan plant-based protein with 120 calories per serving. Having a minimum of 2 g carbs with 2 g fat, zero cholesterol, 4 g BCAAs, and 430 mg of sodium this product is an ideal protein supplement with 2 billion CFU probiotics to improve gut health and immune functioning of the body.
LivBody Vegan Lean Protein also has an organic superfoods blend that contains apple, broccoli, carrot, beet, parsley, spinach, blueberry, raspberries, green cabbage, tomato, strawberries, and tart cherries extract.
Effectiveness of LivBody Vegan Lean Protein Powder:
- Fiber present in this protein powder helps the digestive system and gut health.
- Build lean muscle with muscle-building amino acids and give you a toned and fit body without bloating or artificial ingredients.
- High protein, low carb, and a low-fat blend of LivBody Vegan Lean Protein help you stay fuller longer and provide your body with key nutrients to promote a lean body composition.
- Its plant-based pea protein is easily digestible that promotes rapid absorption. 4g of BCAA present in it helps to speed up your recovery after workouts and avoid soreness.
How to consume LivBody Vegan Lean Protein Powder?
One serving of LivBody Vegan Lean Protein is added to 6 – 8 fluid ounces of cold water or any healthy beverage you like. By adding a scoop of this protein powder into a smoothie, you can get 24 g of easily digestible protein.
Pros and Cons of LivBody Vegan Lean Protein Powder:
- Available in 6 delicious flavors
- Have a perfect ratio of more protein and lower carbs per serving
- Affordable price
- Added digestive enzymes
- 2 billion CFU Probiotics
- Low calories product
- Little chalky taste
Transparent Labs Organic Vegan Protein Powder
This 100%organic vegan-based protein powder has a ratio of 2:1 for the rice to pea protein. With no additives, preservatives, and artificial coloring, this protein powder optimizes overall health.
One scoop of Organic Vegan Protein contains a total of 32 g protein powder having 120 calories, 24 g of vegan protein, 3 g carbs (1 g fiber), and 2 g of fat. It has no added vitamins and minerals with zero cholesterol and zero sodium.
All of its ingredients, including rice protein, pea isolates, pure vanilla sugar, Stevia, and natural flavors are organic with added Himalayan salt. It has no added micronutrients, Soy, and gluten with an unusual vanilla taste like cookies and cream.
Effectiveness of Transparent Labs Organic Vegan Protein Powder:
- It has extraordinary low carbs that help in weight loss
- The full amino acid profile helps to build muscles
- Having rice and pea extract ideally provides all 9 essential amino acids
- 4 g fiber present in this powder helps you feel full longer for optimal weight control and management.
- It helps to optimize overall health
- 2:1 rice to pea protein ratio is easy on the digestive system
How to consume Transparent Labs Organic Vegan Protein Powder?
Depending on your specific protein needs (usually 1 g per pound of body weight) you can take 1 – 3 scoops of this protein powder in a day. Dissolve the desired amount of powder in cold water or any healthy beverage, or you can also add it to smoothies.
Pros and Cons of Transparent Labs Organic Vegan Protein Powder:
- A clean protein with a transparent label having no artificial flavors
- High in protein but low in carbs
- Has 4 g of fiber
- Boosts muscle building during workouts
- Reasonable price
- No added vitamins and minerals
- May have come into contact with animal products
- May contain allergens
- Organic Stevia can make it sweet
Sunwarrior’s Warrior Blend Vegan Protein Powder:
This protein powder is a combination of fermented pea protein, hemp seed protein, goji berry protein that also contains MCT’s, which make it a good choice for keto eaters. In addition to keto promoting MCT oil, it has all 9 essential amino acids. It also provides iron that is a good addition to overcome iron deficiency in a vegan diet.
Every scoop contains 25 g of protein with 100 calories, 2 g carbs, 2 g fat, and 1 g fiber. The micronutrients present in it are 15% of the sodium RDI, 30% iron, and 2% of calcium. This product contains about 5 g of BCAAs and all essential amino acids. All the ingredients are organic and non-GO. This protein powder is a blend of pea, goji berry, and hemp with other ingredients such as guar gum, vanilla flavor, stevia extract, salt, and whole ground coconut.
Effectiveness of Sunwarrior’s warrior blend vegan protein powder:
- It has a 30% iron content that is pretty good for vegan protein (iron RDI is a little tricky without animal protein)
- Added goji berries in it are full of vitamin C and flavonoids
- Its 5 g of BCAAs is equivalent to whey protein present in a scoop
- Your body digests BCAAs quickly and converts them into lean muscles
- Organic protein source speeds up the process of gaining lean muscles
- Boosts energy pre or post workouts
How to consume Sunwarrior’s warrior blend vegan protein powder?
Sunwarrior protein powder doesn’t taste well, so you need to add something more than water. A better flavor mixes protein powder with some healthy beverages to create a protein smoothie or blend it with fruits like strawberries and bananas.
Pros and Cons of Sunwarrior’s warrior blend vegan protein powder:
- 100% vegan and plant-based protein
- No added sugar
- Gluten-free, Soy-free, and dairy-free
- Rich in Arginine, Glutamine, Leucine, and Lysine
- Available in five amazing flavors
- Low in carbs
- Keto approved
- Rich in iron
- Added MTC oil
- High-fat content not good for people on the keto diet
- May contain nuts
- Ingredients are variable according to the flavors
KOS Organic Plant-Based Vegan Protein Powder
This plant-based vegan powder is one of the best-tasting vegan protein powders. It is a blend of all organic pea protein, flaxseed protein, pumpkin seed protein, chia seed protein, and quinoa protein. The remaining ingredients are mostly flavorings that include coconut sugar, vanilla flavor, agave inulin, monk fruit extract, Stevia, Himalayan pink salt, and a natural fruit and vegetable flavor blend. Acacia gum is also present as a stabilizer commonly called “gum arabic”.
Per serving of KOS Organic Plant-based Vegan Protein Powder contains 20 g vegan protein, 170 calories, 9 g carbs, 6 g fat, 2 g sugar, 2 g fiber, and 190 mg of sodium. This protein powder has digestive enzymes that include amylase, cellulase, lactase, lipase, and protease. It also has vitamins A, B, C, and D with a smaller amount of manganese and selenium.
Effectiveness of KOS Organic Plant-Based Vegan Protein Powder:
- It features the recommended dose of digestive enzymes and soluble fiber that easily breaks down this protein powder to get all the macro and micronutrients out of it.
- Complete protein to fuel your day that takes care of your everyday nutritional needs
- Satisfying meal replacement option that controls cravings for weight management and helps to cut the daily intake of calories
- It’s a quick way to refuel
- The collection of digestive enzymes help to break down food and aids in the absorption of nutrients more effectively
- It provides 40% of your daily iron intake
How to consume KOS Organic Plant-Based Vegan Protein Powder?
Its two-scoop serving size can be easily dissolved in 10 0z of cold water or plant-based milk. You can mix it into smoothies or snacks also.
Pros and Cons of KOS Organic Plant-Based Vegan Protein Powder:
- 100% Organic having 5 plant-based protein sources
- Soy, dairy, and gluten-free
- Non-GO formula
- Complete amino acids profile
- Super tasty with no added sugar
- Contains digestive enzymes
- Affordable price
- Contains Vitamins and Minerals
- High in sodium
- Low in B12
- High fat and calories per serving (not necessarily a con)
- It may contain tree nuts
- Gritty texture
- Contains Folic acid
ALOHA Organic Protein Powder
It is a pretty healthy protein powder with an organic ingredients list that is not so long. It is completely safe for consumption for anyone because of being free of top allergens. This plant-based protein powder is a blend of organic pea and brown rice protein extract with organic sunflower lecithin and a complete amino acid profile. It contains saturated fats, mostly omega-3 acids and Vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, and iron.
Per serving of ALOHA, Organic Protein Powder contains 18 g plant-based protein, 120 calories, 11 g carbs, 3 g sugar, 2,5 g fat, 5 g fiber, and 220 mg of sodium.
Effectiveness of ALOHA Organic Protein Powder:
- Its protein surplus creates a metabolic shock to motivate the fatty cells to reduce the concentration of fatty acids to increase calories burning and losing weight.
- With having all the necessary minerals in the right daily portion, it modifies blood mineral balance
- Provides maximum support in need of protein for muscle repair and development
- Helps the intestine to have smooth functioning with its many g of fibers per serving.
- It cuts your hunger and appetite between exercise and training intervals.
How to consume ALOHA Organic Protein Powder?
ALOHA Organic Protein Powder is suitable for all athletes. You can use it by dissolving its per serving in cold water or any healthy beverage you like.
Pros and Cons of ALOHA Organic Protein Powder:
- 100% organic plant-based vegan protein
- Sugar-free, soy-free, dairy-free
- No GO and artificial flavors
- Have saturated fats, vitamins, and minerals
- Light on your stomach
- Stevia and artificial sweeteners free
- Leaves chalky aftertaste when dissolving in water
- Not suitable for people with MCT oil intolerance or coconut milk distress syndrome
Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Hemp Seed Protein Powder
The exceptional quality, value, purity, and versatility of Nutiva Organic Cold Hemp Seed Protein Powder make it a perfect vegan protein powder for bodybuilders and keto diet lovers. This powder is rich in protein, fiber, and amino acids. It is made of 100% organic hemp protein which has been cold-pressed gently with added zinc, magnesium, essential polyunsaturated fat.
Per serving includes 15 g protein with all essential amino acids, 7 g carbs, 9 g carbohydrates, 5 g of fiber, 3.5 g fat, 2.5 g of Omega-3 and Omega-6, 1 g sugar, and no sodium.
Effectiveness of Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Hemp Seed protein Powder:
- Iron and magnesium present in this product is a good choice for women
- It is very easy on the gut
- It helps to achieve lean muscle mass
- It tones up the body and promotes weight loss
- Essential fatty acids improve heart health and brain functioning
- Controls blood sugar level and enhances muscle growth
- It is a low carb protein that provides a less amount of 90 calories for each serving
- Its unique macro profile makes it an effective supplement for bodybuilders
How to consume Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Hemp Seed protein Powder?
Its per serving requires 2 to 4 tablespoons of protein powder with 8 oz water, almond milk, or fruit juice. You can also use it with flavored milk.
Pros and Cons of Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Hemp Seed protein Powder:
- Offers 15 g cold-pressed hemp protein with 5 g fiber
- Rich in Iron, Magnesium, and Zinc
- Rich in Omega fats
- 100% pure vegan ingredient
- No chemical solvent or hexane is used
- No added sugar and preservatives
- Supports weight loss
- Promotes muscle growth
- Available in various flavors
- Increases muscle performance and boosts energy
- Gritty texture
- Iron content high for men
- Little expensive
All these Vegan and plant-based protein powders are beneficial enough in their way. With a completely new method of mixing multiple plant protein types, these protein powders deliver various nutrients in a single powder.
These above-mentioned protein powders contain an excellent profile of enough plant-based protein with minimum carbs, fiber, vitamins, and all 9 essential fatty acids.
We hope this guide made it all clear, and do let us know if you have any queries in this regard!