Everybody wants to dress well to look good, but what happens when you have trendy outfits lying around and you cannot wear them because you have gained a few extra pounds and the clothes don’t fit you anymore? You simply buy clothes a size bigger. So, what will happen when the winter comes and you have to wear extra layers to fight off the cold? Surely, the buying of new clothes isn’t going to work so well here. If you look around yourself, you’ll see that there are tons of people who go to gyms or running tracks regularly; they are not even professional body builders or sportsmen. Many of them are ordinary humans like us. Hitting a gym or working out every once in a while is not always about packing up muscles. Most of the time the end goal is to lose those extra fats that aren’t allowing you to fit in your cloths.
You must have seen people taking energy drinks and supplements before hitting the gym to keep them pumped enough to get through workout hours without feeling slack. So, what if you found out that there’s an energy supplement that isn’t as intense as those used by fitness enthusiasts who want to build extra muscles, but it’s still strong enough to drive you to work out to burn fats? This sounds like a blessing in disguise. One such product that is specifically designed to lose extra weight is the Cellucor C4 pre-workout supplement.
What is Cellucor C4?
C4 is a workout energy booster manufactured by Cellucor, an American sports nutrition brand.
With the positive response of their flagship C4 pre-workout, they have now launched a spinoff named C4 Ripped. It is formulated for the purpose of fat loss.
How does C4 burn fats?
C4 Ripped is specifically designed, keeping in mind the end goal of reducing extra fats, by combining the energy of standard C4 pre-workout and some more ingredients that are associated with burning extra fats.
What are those extra ingredients that are linked to weight loss? If you go through the supplement facts, you’ll find four primary C4 ripped ingredients namely, L-Carnitine Tartrate, Green Coffee bean extract, Capsimax Cayenne, and Coleus forskohlii root extract, all of which are associated with increasing the fat metabolism of the body. Another intriguing fact about this product is that its formula does not contain any creatine, which is another good reason for those who work out just to get rid of body fats to look lean and fit.
- L-carnitine Tartrate is an amino acid that is mainly associated with the transportation of fatty acids for the purpose of energy, which will help you work out hard to lose fats. It also reduces the risk of muscle damage from extensive workout.
- Green coffee bean extract is specifically added to influence fat loss. The presence of Chlorogenic acid in ingredients makes the extract work faster.
- Capsimax Cayenne is associated with the oxidation of fats. It promotes the process of lipolysis, where fats and other lipids are broken down for the utilization of fatty acids. In simple words, instead of eating body’s own muscles for generating energy, the body will be burning just fats.
- Coleus Forskohlii Root extract is added to speed up the body’s fats metabolism process. It is an Ayurvedic herb of Indian origin, which has a healing effect. It increases the cellular levels of a molecule called cAMP (Cyclic adenosine monophosphate), a form of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP), that assists the body in burning fats naturally.
There are some vitamins and minerals added to the formula of C4 Ripped, such as:
- Vitamin C is included, which is a strong antioxidant that removes extra radicals from the body.
- Niacin replenishes the body’s fluids, keeping the body adequately hydrated throughout the workout.
- Folic acid reduces any pains that you might feel during a workout.
- Vitamin B6 and B12 are included for the generation of healthy red blood cells, which contain proteins that carry oxygen to all parts of the body.
- Calcium is added for the healthy growth of bones. It also assists the body by keeping it stable during a workout.
- The presence of Caffeine, Beta alanine, and Tyrosine is mainly for the purpose of keeping you more energized, focused, and alert during your workouts. They help with enhancing endurance.
How to use it?
The instructions suggest that one scoop of formula should be added to 12-16 ounces of water, and taken 20-40 minutes prior to workout. Experienced and advanced athletes may need to take two scoops. Also, those using it should avoid taking extra caffeine with it to avoid jitteriness and insomnia.
Is it safe to use?
It is a combination of herbal and non-herbal ingredients. Although no serious side effects have been reported, the multi-ingredient mix of formula might cause some unpleasant reactions, such as:
- Irritation on skin
- Headaches and nausea
- Minor vision and breathing problem
- Jitteriness and troubled sleeping
These discomforting issues can be avoided if the product is used properly, following the warnings given on the label.
What are the pros and cons?
- It has some herbal and non-herbal ingredients, specifically added to support fat loss and cellular healing.
- It also has healthy nutritionist value.
- There are some ingredients which help with keeping energy and focus.
- Strengthens bones and muscles.
Like any other normal product, there are some cons as well. These are:
- It has a proprietary blend, meaning it is not possible to know how much of each ingredient is present.
- It is a little pricier than other pre-workouts.
- Nitrate has been removed, which might not sit well with some advanced athletes.
With so many products in the market for bulking up muscles, Cellucor C4 has launched its spinoffs that are specifically formulated for the purpose of reducing unwanted body fats that are a hindrance in your way of looking fit and well-dressed. The product C4 Ripped has some herbal and non-herbal ingredients that support fat loss, while keeping the nutritious requirements of the body intact. Any unpleasant reactions can be avoided if the guidelines on the label are followed properly.