Pre workout is a supplement, which is used by bodybuilders to increase their muscle growth. Many supplements, such as protein shakes, etc., are available in the markets nowadays.
Hair loss is a significant problem which is observed among the youngsters as well as between the age groups from 17 to 28. Most bodybuilders have claimed that they have faced hair loss because of the pre-workout supplements. Is it true? We’ll try to find out in this post. So, let’s start:
Why do bodybuilders use pre work out?
Pre-workout supplements provide energy that is considered necessary for faster muscle development.
We see many supplements available in the market that helps to boost our muscle development. These supplements are easy to use as well.
The supplements instantly burn the fat cells and give out a tremendous amount of energy. It makes the bodybuilding process easy and fast.
However, most people have complained that these pre works out supplements cause hair loss.
Does pre-workout cause hair loss?
No evidence can prove that pre-work supplements cause hair loss. However, many people believe that it happens so. Here, some of the supplements that are commonly used by bodybuilders are examined.
Can protein shakes cause loss of hair?
Protein shakes are the most common pre work out supplements used widely. Protein shakes are easy to use pre work out and post job out. As the name suggests, these shakes provide protein.
Protein is good for bones and hairs. Thus, we can conclude that protein shakes don’t cause any hair loss. It means that protein shakes can be used at any time, anywhere without any side effect.
Gym customers use protein shakes to gain more protein in order to grow their muscles fast. There’s no harmful chemical included in it. Thus, it’s easy and safe to use as a supplement.
Does creatine cause loss of hair?
Creatine is a chemical that is more powerful than protein shakes and aims to develop the muscles faster.
But is it responsible for the hair loss? Let’s see. The use of this pre work out supplement increases the level of testosterone. Besides, people who have androgen tic alopecia may experience hair loss.
So, we can predict that people who are predisposed genetically may lose hair. But there’s still no proof for this.
This may happen in some cases, or it may not affect the hair.
Does DHEA cause loss of hair?
There’s no evidence that DHEA causes hair loss. DHEA is just like creatine. It also provides energy for the development of the muscles and it emits a tremendous amount of energy.
It increases the level of testosterone in the blood that may cause hair loss due to a DHT increase in blood. However, no study has ever conducted to prove whether it’s true or not.
You may use your sense and check if it’s true or not. But there’s no official records or experiments that prove it.
What are the myths of pre-workout?
There are many popular myths regarding the pre-workouts:
- Hair loss is the most popular myth that most people believe. Everybody has a dream to have a perfect body shape. However, most of them have not even try for it, but heard about hair loss.
- Muscles will turn into fat if you discontinue work out. However, it’s another myth because fat and muscles have no close relation with each other. Muscle can never be converted into fat tissue and fat tissue can never be converted into muscle. What happens is that if you don’t workout and use your muscle then you may lose muscle, your metabolism goes down and you gain body fat.
- Feeling sore means, you work hard. But believe me, it’s not true. Sometime you may feel no soreness in your body after a long workout. It mostly happens because of the pain you had yesterday for the workout you did.
Most people believe that they would exercise hard if they don’t feel soreness. However, you shouldn’t work out beyond your time limit because it may cause serious injury to your body and muscles.
What are the main problems of hair loss?
Whether pre work out cause hair loss or not, the other primary reasons for hair loss are as follows:
- The main problem of hair loss may occur due to genetic problems. So, if you have a history of hair loss in your family, then you might also experience hair loss.
- If you take the stress and work under pressure, then you may lose your hairs.
- The major diseases like cancer and arthritis often result in hair loss.
- Sometimes temporary hair loss may occur because of some medical issues. The treatment can cure such temporary hair loss at a low price.
Benefits of pre workout supplements
Despite hair loss problems (if it is right), many benefits of using this pre work out supplements can help in bodybuilding. Let’s see what they are?
- Gives energy that increases the time to work out as more work means more muscle. However, do remember that muscles can’t be built in one day.
- Helps to recover the muscle cracked during a workout.
- Protein is good for muscle development. Thus, drinking protein shake daily can improve your muscles.
- The supplements are readily available at your nearest stores.
Despite these benefits, there are many drawbacks. You have to be careful while choosing the best one because many of them contain a chemical that is proven to be harmful to your body.
In the end, it is clear that there are no researches and studies ever conducted that the hair loss dependency on pre workout.
However, you can experiment to find out the reality on your own. Moreover, hair loss has become a significant problem. There are many reasons for it. But if you’re a little bit aware, then you may save your hair.
Bodybuilder often uses pre-work supplements to speed muscle building process. However, you should keep safe from fake supplements which are available in the markets.