Every girl wants to have a fantastic body shape and crave for a smaller waist and bigger hips whenever they look in the mirror. But it is not easy to achieve. It requires a proper diet, workout, hard work, and regular exercise. Getting a slim waist is every girl’s dream, but for that, you have to make so many sacrifices in your diet. You must do regular and appropriate exercises to get a smaller waist and bigger hips. These exercises will increase your metabolism and will affect your muscles. Here are some of the exercises which can help you to achieve the same. These exercises help you to shape your body by slimming your waist and targeting the lower part of the body. Perform the following exercises to get a smaller waist and bigger hips
1. Pelvic Scoop Exercises
It is one of the best exercises for your waist. It shapes your lower body. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- Start by lying on the floor on your back and head up. Your back must be resting on a towel.
- Keep your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Put your arms by your side.
- Now cross your ankle to the left thigh and put it on the knee. The bent right knee should point on the other side.
- Make sure that only the heel of the left foot is touching the ground.
- Now move your lower back upwards and take your hips up from the ground. You must ensure that the pelvis is tilting upwards towards the ribs.
- Try to curl the pelvis as far as you can and make sure that you don’t hurt your back.
- Perform at least three sets of this exercise with ten reps in each set on each side of the body to get the best results.
2. Side plank
This is one of the most effective and amazing exercises to slim your waist and shape your lower body. It affects your inner thighs, transverses abdominis, obliques, and rectus abdominis. It slims your waistline. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- First of all, lie on the left side of the body.
- Keep your legs close to each other and place a folded towel between your thighs.
- Now raise your hips from the ground and form a straight line from the body from your head to toe and try to squeeze the towel, which is kept between your thighs. Keep in this position for about 3-4 seconds, and after that, come back to the starting position.
- Perform at least three sets of this exercise. Ten reps in each set on each side.
3. C curve exercise
This exercise helps to shape the waistline and reduces belly fat. It also affects the lower body by working on the inner thighs, calves, rectus abdominis, transverse abdominis, and quads. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- To perform this exercise, start with a standing position and facing a wall. You must ensure that your legs are placed together.
- Place a folded towel between your thigh.
- After this bent your knee forward and touched your palm on the walls, your palms must be extended in a way so that your back must be parallel to the ground.
- Then, raise your toes and squeeze the towel kept between your thighs.
- Stay in this position for about 15-20 seconds.
- Perform three sets of this exercise daily with 15 reps in each set to get the best results.
4. Bicycle crunches
This type of crunches helps to work on your abs and obliques. It helps to shape your waistline and lower body fast. This exercise helps you to obtain an amazing and sexy body shape. This exercise is great in burning calories and increases your metabolism. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- To start this exercise, you must first lie on the floor on your back and press your lower back on the floor.
- Place both your hands under the head and bring the knee near to your chest.
- Raise the shoulders a bit from the ground.
- Now stretch your leg so that it forms an angle of 45° to the floor and move your upper body on the left side.
- Bring the elbow of the right hand towards the knee, which is raised above towards the chest. (Left knee)
- Now perform the same with another side i.e., right knee towards the chest and left elbow towards the right knee. This will complete your one rep.
- At least three sets of 20 reps each must be performed.
5. High knees exercise
This exercise is very easy to perform and can be done anywhere. It does not require any equipment. This exercise works on your hips and waist. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- Start performing this exercise by standing straight. Now raise your right leg to your waist level.
- Now put the knees down slowly and land on the ground on the ball of your feet.
- Repeat the same with another leg.
- Perform this exercise in speed for the best results.
- Perform at least three sets, and each set should be about 60 seconds. You can increase the time according to your capacity.
6. Leg raise
This exercise especially shapes your lower body. It targets your core muscles and waist. It should be performed daily. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- Begin this exercise in a lying position. You must be lying on your back, and your hands must be placed beside you on the ground.
- Now raise your legs upward at a 90° angle.
- Now bring back the legs down in its initial position and breathe in.
- Do not let the legs touch the ground and repeat the same movement.
- Perform three sets daily of 10 reps each.
7. Knee up crunches
Knee up crunches are another effective exercise to slim your waist and contributes to bigger hips. A smaller waist can be achieved by developing the muscles of the rectus abdominis, and knee up crunches helps to achieve it. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- Lie on the floor on your back and put your legs up from the ground. Keep your legs at a 90° angle.
- Cross the feet of both legs with each other and put both hands under your head.
- Now start doing crunches until the shoulder blade comes off the ground.
- Perform at least 3 sets of 10 reps each.
8. Ab rows exercise
It is another exercise that contributes to a smaller waist. This exercise strengthens your muscles and rectus abdominis. It is a very effective exercise and should be performed regularly. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- Start in a sitting position, and your feet must be bent and stretched out forward.
- Make sure that your hands are behind you as it will help to support you while doing exercise. Bring your knees close to the chest and breathe out.
- Keep in mind that your feet should not touch the ground.
- After that, come to the starting position and breathe in. Continue the movement again, but make sure that the feet do not touch the ground.
- Perform at least three sets of this exercise of 10 reps each regularly.
9. Twisted curl exercise
It is one of the best exercises to achieve a slimmer waist. This exercise also targets the transverses abdominis, obliques, and rectus abdominis.
- Place a folded towel on the floor and sit on it. After that, bend your knees and keep your foot flat on the floor. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- Now lay on your back and rest on the elbows.
- Press the lower back on the floor and, at the same time, squeeze the abs.
- Curl your trunk on the left and lift your arms in such a manner that both the hands grab your left thigh. Be in the same position for about 20-25 seconds. You can increase the time if you are comfortable.
- Repeat the same exercise on the other side.
- Perform at least three sets daily to get the best results. Each set should have at least 20 reps.
10. Side crunch leg raise
It helps to contribute to your calves and obliques. It also helps to shape your lower body and abs. Perform this exercise, according to the instructions mentioned below-
- Start the exercise by lying on the floor on your back. Now raise the left leg and upper back from the floor.
- Make your arms reach the left side and start performing crunches.
- Repeat the same on the other side and perform at least three sets, each set being 45 seconds on each side.