Every third person around us wants to lose weight, but it has become an overwhelming task in today’s luxurious and comfortable lifestyle. People restrict their carb intake and even go all the way to a keto diet. But in addition to all these, people need some extra help to achieve their weight loss goal. Low carb protein powders are the boosters that help people in losing weight while providing them enough protein for intense workout recoveries and muscle building.
Protein shakes are used traditionally as an additional supplement to support weight loss. Similarly, low-carb diets, including the keto diet, are hugely popular and very much effective for weight loss. The basic concept of the low-carb diet is based on denying the human body’s state against its normal source of energy, i.e., carbohydrates. In this diet, the planning body starts using fat for energy. Every single gram of zero carbohydrates takes you closer to success in the battle of the bulge.
Zer0-carb or low-carb protein helps retain muscle strength as we age, improves post-workout recovery, and helps to lose weight. These zero-carb protein powders are produced by running cow’s milk. Cow milk passes through a series of filters to remove carbohydrates and fats from it. The quality of different no-carb protein powders mainly depends on the higher percentage of whey protein isolates. This whey is heavily filtered to remove all fats and carbs from the milk.
Benefits of Low Carb Protein Shakes:
Enjoying a delicious protein shake just after a heavy workout not only makes you feel refreshed and energized. But it becomes an overwhelming task to find a protein shake suitable for you, especially when you are on the keto diet. It is because many protein powders add a decent dose of additives, sugar, and other carbohydrates that can just ruin your keto diet plan. When you are on a typical ketogenic diet, consuming 25 to 50 grams of carbohydrates per day is necessary. With this small limit of carbohydrates, you have to be wise enough to spend these carbohydrates.
It is the reason to introduce no/low carb high protein powders to fuel the exhausted body and repair sore muscles while remaining low in carbs. The best keto-friendly protein powders provide you the following benefits:
- Contribute to the regulation of enzymes, hormones, and naturally occurring chemicals in the body
- An increase in daily protein intake helps the body to lose weight.
- Protein aids neurotransmitter production and supports brain functioning and energy levels.
- Help your body in cardiovascular functioning.
- Improve organs functioning properly
- Aid in muscles re-growth and healing
- Promote bone and skin health
- Check blood glucose level.
Criteria of the No/zero-carb protein powders selection:
A quality zero-carb protein powder helps to manage the macros on a low-carb or keto diet. To improve the physique and overall health, it is ideal for increasing protein intake, but don’t forget that protein is hard to digest. Finding a tasty, convenient, and cheap source of protein is even more difficult. This is why protein powders’ addition into any diet is a handy way to get maximum benefits.
Tips to Buy the Best No Carb Protein Powder:
Before buying a no/low carb Protein Powder of any brand, always look for these three factors:
- Read the labels carefully as the nutritional breakdown varies from product to product.
- Never get impressed with a review or impressive packaging or packing of a protein shake. Before buying a huge container of a no-carb protein shake, make sure the taste of the product should impress you. Try sample packs of no/low carb protein powders available at Amazon before purchasing them for the whole month.
- Always be concerned about your allergies and sensitivities regarding different ingredients present in these no/low carb protein powders, e.g., soy or dairy.
Top 8 best no/low carb protein powders:
Lots of protein powders with zero/low carb are available that are so handy for any diet, including low-carb diet out there. With a huge variety of ingredients, carb counts, and benefits, these protein powders with low/zero carbs are the best bet to limit carbs. Here is the list of highest rated zero-carb protein powders available in the market:
1. “Isopure Zero Carb”
Isopure Zero Carb has high-quality ultra-filtered isolate protein, with absolutely no carbs. This amazing product is made with naturally occurring and added glutamine. Every single scoop of Zero carbs Isopure with zero sugar has a whopping 25 gm of 100% pure whey protein isolate. With added vitamins and minerals, this product can fit into just about any diet, and it is extremely helpful for you to perform at your peak. Isopure Zero Carb is completely free from fillers, Gluten, or lactose.
It is easy to mix up with some seriously dynamic and tasty recipes with a wide range of flavors. Its vitamin C content is just mind-blowing for its ability to improve immune system functioning. It is also revered for its anti-oxidant potential.
This protein powder helps keto dieters avoid abnormal immune system functioning that causes infections and allergies. It’s every serving with 25-gram protein correctly deals with fatigue and weakness due to the keto diet and the low carb content promotes ketosis. Some of the benefits of this no-carb protein powder are:
- It is beneficial to fulfill daily protein needs
- Improves muscle building, health, and recovery
- Support muscle health as you go age
- Generates a feeling full between meals and improves weight management
When and how to consume Isopure Zero Carb?
Use it with six fluid ounces of milk, water, or any of your favorite beverages by adding one scoop of it in a blender or shaker. You can consume it:
- Between meals
- Early morning
- After strenuous activities
Pros and Cons of Isopure Zero Carb:
- No gluten or lactose or sugar
- Super nutritious with added vitamins and minerals
- No acesulfame potassium
- Available in nine different flavors
- Have zero grams of carbs in it
- A single scoop of Isopure Zero Carb contains over dozen micronutrients with 20% of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDI)
- Not so tasty
- Have soy, sweeteners, and artificial flavors
- This product is made in a facility with egg, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts, and soy
2. Elevate Nutrition Plant-Based Vegan Protein
It is the product ideal for vegans who always remain in search of plant-based protein powders. This is a dessert flavored plant-based protein with zero sugar and almost zero carbs (1g carb + 3g carbs that are fiber) per serving. This is a multi-source plant-based blend that is derived from organic hemp protein and pea.
With branch chain amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and glutamine, it also includes co-factors that help promote digestion, absorption and improves peak performance time. This plant-based protein powder contains zero allergies and zero ingredients that cause inflammation.
This product helps create Nitrogen balance in the body to increase muscle mass. This protein powder also helps in improving overall health.
- Benefits of Elevate Nutrition plant Based Vegan Protein:
- It provides energy and endurance boost by quickly delivering amino acids to the muscles, and it counteracts muscle breakdown.
- Provides nutrients for repair and re-growth of muscles that undergo a lot of stress
- This plant-based, delicious protein powder keeps you active and on the go.
- Support energy level and promotes protein synthesis
When and how to consume Elevate Nutrition Based Vegan Protein?
A single scoop of Elevate Nutrition Based Vegan Protein provides 23 to 24g of complete protein packed with glutamine. It is finely milled, maximizing every scoop, and it’s more acceptable consistency makes it easy to blend and mix in water, milk, and other beverages with no more protein clumps and chunks. You can take it:
- It is the perfect protein supplement to take just after waking up
- Consume a large serving of this protein shake immediately post-workout
Pros and Cons of Elevate Nutrition Based Vegan Protein:
- No allergy or inflammation-causing ingredients
- Only one gram net carb for 24 grams of protein
- No artificial sweeteners are used, but monk fruit extract makes the product sweetened
- 100% vegan product with protein extracted from pea protein isolate and hemp protein
- Non-GMO, non-dairy, soy-free, and gluten-free
- Available in chocolate brownies flavor
- Xanthan gum included in a protein powder is tough to digest for few consumers
- The powder appears a bit sticky compared to other protein powders
- Its production facility also deals with animal products and allergens
3. VPX Zero Carb SRO Protein:
VPX Zero Carb SRO Protein is a rare kind of protein due to its no cholesterol and total lack of carbohydrates features. In every scoop of VPX Zero CarbSRO, 20 grams of 100% whey protein isolates are present along with a plethora of vitamins (B1, B2, B6, and B12) and minerals. This amazing formula contains no aspartame, acesulfame, corn syrup solids, hydrogenated oils, caseinate, soy proteins, or lactose. This Zero Carb SRO Protein is also helpful to lose weight most effectively.
This carb-free and fat-free blend is designed to boost muscle growth while helping to keep fat in check. It is produced with Cross-Flow Quadrafication (CFQ) that helps to promote protein microfractions and di-, tri-, and quadro peptide isolates. It is the latest flavoring system to facilitate zero-carb technology. This zero-carb protein enhances muscle performance to allow you to achieve your fitness goals!
When and how to consume VPX Zero Carb SRO Protein?
A tremendous delicious shake can be prepared by dissolving one scoop of Zero Carb SRO Protein with 4 to 6 ounces of cold water. You can take it in two to three servings daily anytime you want.
Pros and Cons of VPX Zero Carb SRO Protein:
- It is 100% whey protein isolate
- Micro-Fraction Selection Technology (MST)
- Supports muscle recuperation and appetite control
- It contains no carbohydrates with only half a gram of fat per serving
- It has versatile protein for keto and almost any other diet
- To minimize denaturing, whey is cold processed
- It contains sucralose
- Contains milk and soy
- Artificial flavors and sweeteners are added
4. Kiss My Keto Protein Powder
This product is ideal for exercise lovers who feel a slump in their energy levels due to the reduced carbohydrate intake. Kiss My Keto is derived from collagen proteins with low carbs that provide a significant energy boost before workout sessions. Only 1 gram of net crab, just 80 calories, and several essential vitamins and minerals are present per serving of this protein powder. This powder works exceptionally well as an appetite suppressant, gentle on the stomach, and provides an excellent boost of energy.
Every serving of this keto protein powder provides 1 gram of carbohydrates, 10 grams of proteins with energy-enhancing MCTs. This low-carb protein powder contains 67% of two very efficient sources for brain energy called Lauric acid and Caprylic acid.
When and how to consume Kiss My Protein Powder?
For keto, you can blend this low-carb protein powder in milk before starting your workout sessions.
- Take it in the early morning to get energy from its MCT content that also improves focus at work
- Take it in your snack time as a replacement for a sweet drink
- After a tough workout, the intake of collagen peptides in the form of Kiss My Keto Protein Powder helps your muscles and joints to recover from sweat sessions.
Pros and Cons of Kiss My Keto Protein Powder:
- A high amount of collagen peptides is present
- Very low carb content
- No added fillers, sugar, binders, or additives are present
- Grass-fed bovine collagen
- Grain-free ingredients
- Sweetened with stevia
- Has very low Carbohydrates
- It may cause nausea or vomiting
- Has a funky aftertaste
5. Perfect Keto Protein Powder:
With only two net carbs per serving, its name “Perfect Keto Protein Powder” actually suits it. 5 gram of pure MCT oil and 10 gram of collagen are packed in each scoop that supports healthy ketosis. The combination of collagen and MCT oil slows down the absorption of protein in your body and maximizes the efficiency to prevent protein from converting into glucose.
The collagen present in this low-carb protein powder supports the shine and growth of nails and hairs. It is also beneficial for the heart, brain, eyes, muscles, joints, gut, tendons, and ligaments. The presence of acacia fiber stops unwanted blood sugar spikes.
When and how to consume Perfect Keto Protein Powder?
This powder with sweet chocolate flavor is easy to dissolve in any cold or hot drink, and you can mix it into drinks like almond milk or coffee and use it in smoothies and shakes. It is better to drink these protein shakes:
- Any time in the morning to suppress your hunger
- In lunchtime
- Drink it before starting your intense workout
Pros and Cons of Perfect Keto Protein Powder:
- Made with grass-fed collagen
- Suppresses the appetite
- Sugar-free, dairy-free, caffeine-free, and carb-free
- Added MCTs improve focus
- No fillers, artificial sweeteners, or junk
- Available in 4 delicious flavors
- Have chalky texture
- Flavors are too sweet for some users
- The salted caramel flavor is not very much appreciated
- Stevia aftertaste
6. Ora Organic’s Protein Powder:
It is the best low-carb protein powder as an organic option that is a perfect blend of plant-based protein and other nutrients best suitable for people with the paleo diet or keto diet. This all-natural supplement is specifically recommended for vegans and vegetarians to provide their dose of protein from only plant-based high-quality sources.
Each serving of this product contains 22 grams of protein with just 5 grams of carbs, 130 calories, 3 grams fat, and a sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals. This Ora Organic’s Protein Powder promotes the production of ketone bodies and supports ketosis. It is formulated to promote weight loss, and it also boosts digestion and increases stamina during intense workouts. The added micronutrients and essential amino acids into this protein powder provide optimum benefits to your workout routine.
When and how to consume Ora Organic’s Protein Powder?
Every single serving of Ora Organic’s Protein Powder contains two scoops that you can mix in a glass of water or any healthy beverage that you like. It does not combine properly, so you have to blend it, and this is best to dissolve with smoothies and shakes. You can take it once or twice a day:
- Before intense workouts
- Any time of the day when you want
Pros and Cons of Ora Organic’s Protein Powder:
- Organic plant-based supplement for vegans and vegetarians
- Has high-fat content
- Available in 3 flavors
- Contains dietary fibers
- No added sugar, no artificial flavors, and sweeteners
- No soy, no gluten, dairy, and GMO-free
- Prevents electrolyte disturbance and digestive issues
- With more than 20 superfoods, it promotes health naturally
- Having a higher amount of carbohydrates in comparison with other protein supplements
- Powdery and chalky texture
- Stevia taste is so strong
7. EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder:
This zero/low carb whey protein powder is a perfect blend of nutrition and taste. Its BCAA content is so rich and ideally designed for people with a highly active lifestyle. Each serving of EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder contains 30 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbs, 2.5 grams of fat, and 2 grams of sugar with no fiber. With this, it also contains a decent amount of iron and calcium, but the presence of sodium (160 mg) and Cholesterol may be a concern on your dietary restrictions.
When and why how to consume EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder?
It has a large serving of 43 grams or two full scoops that shockingly mixes fast and shows no wet clumps of whey ever. Mix it in a glass of water, milk, or any healthy beverage you like and enjoy its pleasantly mild taste that is 100% delicious.
Pros and Cons of EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder:
- It is very affordable
- Mixes into the water so easily
- Great source of fiber
- No sugar and fillers
- Has 9 essential amino acids that are used for enhancement and muscles betterment
- Some users find it hard to mix with the spoon
- The presence of Gluten is not indicated
- It has soy and lactose
8. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides:
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is a pasture-raised, grass-fed, fairy-free, and gluten-free product with no GMO. This keto-friendly protein collagen peptide is versatile and unflavored and super-soluble, and easy to dissolve in hot and cold liquids. This protein powder contains 20 grams of grass-fed, pasture-raised collagens that support hairs, nails, joints, and skin health. The Alanine and Arginine present in it are effective to build muscle mass, synthesize protein, and treat several health issues like high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, and erectile dysfunction.
In terms of health and performance, this no-carb protein powder provides the energy that keeps you energized and awake throughout the day. Provides more flexibility to joints and also resolves muscle ache growth. Muscle growth enhances quickly with strength training after taking Vital Protein Collagen Peptides protein powder.
When and how to consume Vital Protein Collagen Peptides?
Make your protein shake or milkshake by adding 1 to 2 scoops of this product to your glass of milk use twice a day. Because of being unflavored, it makes it easy for you to add it into any other liquid with no noticeable change in flavor. You can take it:
- With coffee in the morning for frothiness and extra creaminess
- With smoothie in the afternoon as protein booster
Pros and Cons of Vital Protein Collagen Peptides:
- Make your hairs feel fuller, nails more robust, and skin more radiant
- Gluten-free and no rBGH
- No dairy, GMO, and Ractopamine
- It is a bit more expensive than other options
- Not suitable for vegans
- Start showing results after three months of regular use
Protein powders provide high-quality protein in a most convenient and concentrated form. These no-carb protein powders are ideal for providing you energy while doing tough pieces of training or when it is not possible to meet your protein needs with diet alone. Therefore, all the above-mentioned no-carb proteins are surely the best you can get!