While men prefer to sculpt their arms, pectorals and abdominals with weights and hypertrophy, women prefer to tone their buttocks, legs and abdominals without lifting much weight. Subtle differences that cause them to look for the best and different exercises to reach their goals faster.
And although each one can do the exercise they want, if the objective is different, different techniques are also recommended. We will tell you which are the best exercises that we usually prefer.
Top 9 Exercises Preferred by Women
- Lunge: The popular lunges are perfect for toning buttocks and thighs. Give them a chance again. It’s a tricky exercise to assume, because more than anything is balance. When you reach enough looseness you will be able to do them even jumping. Lunge
- Abdominal inverse crunch: If you are fed up with typical abdominal crunches, take a look at your workout.
And never better said. With this exercise we will work all the abdominal muscle with a special incidence in our lower part. Instead of bringing our trunk to our legs, our legs will go to our trunk. Be careful not to overdo repetitions and try not to strain your neck too much. Abdominal inverse crunch
3.Side plank or lateral isometric: perfect for ‘activating’ the oblique part of our abdominal muscle, hips and buttocks. Even the arms work with this complete ‘fat burner’ exercise: Side plank or lateral isometric.
- Bridge: An exercise that never goes out of style. You probably already know it from school, so there’s little more to add unless you watch the technique and concentrate on each repetition. Tighten your buttocks when you finish the exercise and when you return to the starting position, try not to rest your butt on the floor but just rub it. bridge
- Step in chair: Its name says it all. Look for a firm chair and climb up to it as if it were a step: first one leg, then the other and go down the same way. An excellent workout for your buttocks and hamstrings (the muscles of the back of the thigh). Step in chair
- Dead weight to one leg: An exercise that seeks balance and coordination and is an excellent toner of buttocks and abdominals. Its execution is not as complicated as it seems, but it will need all our attention. Try not to go past the 90º angle with respect to the ground. Dead weight to one leg
- Triceps kick: an excellent toner of our triceps and what we can do with a few small weights. You can also try the backgrounds or dips when you feel more secure. Triceps Kick
- Sumo open squat: our favorite squat for hardening buttocks and hips. You’ll also notice how the inner thigh works like never before. Undoubtedly the best choice among all types of squats
- Flexions: well done, harden buttocks, thighs, arms and, of course, the chest. Lose fear of this men’s exercise and look for a chair or low table to make them with less difficulty. The higher your torso is above your legs the easier it will be.